Pearson VUE to replace Prometric for all PMI exams
For the last several decades the Project Management Institute (PMI)® has been using Prometric for its exams. If you wanted to pass a PMI exam then, in most cases, you needed to do so at a Prometric testing center.
This week, PMI® announced that beginning July 1st 2019 it is moving to Pearson VUE for all its certification examinations worldwide (except for China).
Is a Change Request Required for Defect Repair?
As you study for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam or even during your practice as a PMP® credentials holder, you may end up questioning if a change request is required when a defect is found in a project. That seems like a complex question but has a very simple answer – Yes. You may be wondering if that still holds true if it is a minor fix? For something that would be a small quick repair? Something you are not even sure needs to be fixed or even impacts the project? How about if the defect repair would take less time than filling out the change request form? The answer is still…Yes.
Do I Have to Read the Agile Practice Guide for the PMP® Exam?
A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition is significantly different from the prior Fifth Edition in that it is published and bundled together with the Agile Practice Guide. The inclusion of this new practice guide has created some confusion around what a student should study to prepare for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam.
How To Avoid Seven Most Common PMP® Exam Mistakes
Planning for, taking, and passing the Project Management Professional (PMP®) exam can be a long and stressful journey. What better way is there to take a little stress off and help yourself prepare than to learn from those who have gone before you? Here we will look at seven of the most common mistakes identified by those who did not pass the PMP® the first time, but ultimately learned from that and made adjustments to pass on their second try. If you would also like to learn from their mistakes, keep reading.
How to Upgrade Yourself to The PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
As of March 26th, 2018 the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam will be based off of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Sixth Edition. The Project Management Institute (PMI)® will grant no exceptions. So, if you find yourself in a situation where you had been studying the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition with the plans for taking the PMP® exam prior to March 26th, and you realize that this is just not going to happen, then you are probably wondering what to do now.
In a nutshell: You now have to study the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition because that is what you will be tested on.
Free Interview: The PMP Exam is Changing in 2018
The exam for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is driven by current practices in the profession. Because project management is evolving, so is the PMP exam. As a result of the release of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition in September 2017, the PMP exam will change on 26 March 2018. This is to ensure that exam content is consistent with the guide.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.
2018 PMP® Exam and The PM PrepCast / The PM Exam Simulator
If you are preparing for The Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam, then you are probably aware that the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition was published in September 2017 and that the Project Management Institute (PMI)® is changing The PMP Exam on March 26, 2018 .
We identified what this means for our exam prep material and have started the update: We are completely redeveloping The PM PrepCast. We are updating all questions in the PMP and CAPM Exam Simulator. We are updating The PM Formula Study guide with the latest formulas.
Here is our FAQ and project status update:
The 4 Secret Ingredients to Pass the CAPM Exam
Are you interested in or starting your career in project management? Are you looking for a way to gain credibility with project managers and employers? Then taking the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam should be on your “to-do” list. The CAPM® exam is developed and administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and provides recognition of individuals who are just starting their career or are interested in project management. Those who pass the CAPM have demonstrate knowledge of the principles and terminology within A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). This may seem like a lot for someone just starting out in project management, but don’t worry, while the material may seem overwhelming there are a few important factors to consider when preparing to successfully earn your CAPM certificate. Understanding the exam eligibility requirements, learning the project management principles, developing a solid study plan and sticking to it, as well as practicing exam-taking strategies are essential ingredients for CAPM exam success.
Which Project Documents Need A Change Request For Updates?
It is a question that we hear often from our PMP® exam prep students in the discussion forums. For example, Gunaseelan asked, “What all are the project documents which requires approved change requests to get updated?” Housam had a similar question.
Let’s face it: keeping on top of project management paperwork can be a big job. There are documents to create, get signed off and updated. And then there’s finding the information again when you need to revise or use it… A project manager is never far away from a document!
What I want to focus on in this article is the process for updating documents and also include some tips for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) defines a change request as a formal proposal to modify any document, deliverable or baseline. But does that really mean that you need to do a change request every time you want to add a new risk to your risk log? That would be really time consuming and add a lot of extra administrative overhead to the job of updating project management documents.
In this article we’ll dive into when you need a change request to update a project document and when you don’t.
And unfortunately it isn’t a totally straightforward answer!
The 40 Flashcards a Day PMP® Exam Study Habit
Studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam may feel like a long and daunting process. There are many study aids available for use that can help make the studying process feel a little less overwhelming. One such study aid is a Flashcard. A Flashcard is defined by macmillandictionary.com as “a small card printed with words, pictures, or numbers that helps someone learn something.” In this article, we discuss how Flashcards can make your PMP® Exam studying a lot easier, along with how developing a 40 flashcards a cards a day habit can help you pass the PMP Exam.
The use of flashcards is a form of distributed practice. Distributed practice means spreading study sessions and self-testing out over time. Distributed practice is a proven method for enhancing student performance, so use flashcards to actively test yourself on concepts one at a time. Flashcards can be used to spread your studying out over time when you are in the process of studying for the PMP Exam. You can use then use your stack of Flashcards to quiz yourself again on the PMP material closer to your PMP Exam date. Flashcards are light, portable, and typically small enough so they can be used to study anywhere and anytime. If you are not interested in carrying around hard copy flashcards, there are even electronic versions you can download for your phone or tablet.
How To Get CAPM® Certification Using Four Study Techniques
If you’ve arrived here it’s because you are probably looking for the best study techniques for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam. You’re in luck! We support thousands of students to successfully pass their Project Management Institute (PMI)® exams, and we know exactly what techniques work.
In this article I’ll cover four common study techniques, tell you whether they are effective and explain how to get the most out of them so your study time is focused and useful.
Help! I’ve Failed The PMP® Audit!
Recently we’ve seen a trend: The Project Management Institute (PMI)® appears to be doing more Project Management Professional (PMP)® audits. That’s where they review your application in detail before approving you to take the PMP® Exam.
But there’s another part to this trend: we are seeing more people failing audits and reaching out for help. If that’s you, don’t worry: I’ve got you covered with this article. And if you are in the middle of your PMP training and preparing your application right now, read on: I have some great tips to help you avoid the headaches audits can bring.
More Articles ...
- Group Coaching Class
- Generational Sensitivity and Diversity
- Situational Project Management
- Emotional Intelligence and Project Management
- No More Brain Dumps During Exam Tutorial
- Should I become PMP® Certified or Agile Certified?
- The Effectiveness of Various PMP® Exam Study Techniques
- The PMP® Exam and PMBOK® Guide are Changing
- 90-Day Simulator Extension Access for Customers who Failed
- Have the Right Mindset for Your PMP® Exam
- PMP® Material NOT in The Guide
- Meeting Management Techniques for the PMP® Exam
- Project and Process Tailoring for the PMP® Exam
- 2016 PMP® Exam and The PM PrepCast / The PM Exam Simulator
- Lessons Learned Management Techniques for the PMP® Exam
- How to Prepare for the PMP® Exam in 30 Days
- What the PMP® Exam Change on 11 January 2016 Means for You
- What is Opportunity Cost and Why Do You Need to Understand It
- How to Find a Great PMP® Mock Exam Online
- How to Get PMP Certification Using Four Study Techniques
- 7 Questions Students SHOULD Ask PMP® Coach for the PMP Exam
- The 7 Questions Every PMP® Student Asks Their Coach
- The Three R's You need to Pass the PMP® Certification Exam
- Why You Failed PMP® Exam and Missed that PMP Certification
- Project Management Training Scholarships for Project Managers
- 10 Use of PMP Exam FlashCards as a PMP® Exam Study Material
- You Must Know The PM Plan for Your PMP® Exam Success
- 6 Myths About The PMP® Exam Debunked
- PMP® Exam Lessons Learned from Certified PMP, Scott Coonrod
- Study Project Management Process Groups and Knowledge Areas
- PMI® and the PMP® Exam to Construction Professionals
- Types of PMI® Certifications and Which One is Right for You?
- When can a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Audit happen?
- Project Management Skills or Industry Skills?
- How To Prepare for and Pass the PMP® Certification Exam
- How to Identify your PMP® Certification Eligibility
- PMP® Exam Lessons Learned & Tips from Those Who've Been There
- The PMP® Certification Exam based on the Guide
- 7 No Non-Sense Tips To Save on Your PMP® Exam Preparation
- Three Ways To Fail Your PMP® Exam Audit
- What Happens When You Apply For PMP® Exam
- PMP® Exam Lessons Learned from PMP Certification Exam Passers
- Create Your Own PMP® Sample Questions for your PMP Exam Prep
- PMP® Exam Simulator Assesses Your Readiness for the PMP Exam
- The Best Time to Take PMP® exam
- How to Find Real PMP® Exam Question on PMP Certification Exam
- An Overview of The Guide
- What You Should Know About The PMI® Code of Conduct
- 10 Steps to Becoming a PMP®
- 12 Most Popular PMP® Study Materials for your PMP Exam Prep
- Correct PMP® Eligibility Title if not a Project Manager
- How To Handle Your Actual PMP® Exam Day
- Three Ways to Prepare for the PMP® Exam
- PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct for PMP®
- Find the Best Answers in the PMP Exam to Become PMP Certified
- Answer All PMP® Exam Question on the PMP Certification Exam
- What is the difference between PMP® Contact Hours and PDUs?
- The Secret Of Creating Your PMP® Brain Dump
- 12 Easy Ways to Earn PDUs for PMP® Recertification
- Guide to Those Who Failed the PMP® Exam
- Join Online PMP® Forums to Help Boost your PMP Studies
- How To Maintain Your PMP® Certification in 3 Easy Steps
- What to Expect from a PMP® Audit
- 7 Steps to Selecting your Online PMP® Exam Preparation Course
- Should you learn ITTOs by Heart?
- 5 Reasons to Attend a PMP® Exam Boot Camp to Pass Your Exam
- 5 Reasons NOT to take a PMP® Boot Camp for your PMP Exam Prep
- Begin your PMP® study with The PMP® Credentials Handbook
- 8 Basic PMP® Study Tips in Preparing for the PMP® examination
- Types of PMP® Exam Questions For You To Pass The PMP® Exam
- Guide to Getting 35 Contact Hours for PMP® Eligibility
- A PMP® Exam Simulator Will Help You Pass the PMP® Exam
- The 4 Secret Ingredients to Pass the PMP® Examination
- What is a PMP® Exam Simulator?
- How to Manage your Time for PMP® Exam Prep
- 7 Criteria for Selecting The Best PMP® Exam Simulator
- Create a PMP® Study Plan to Prepare for Success
- Free PMP® Practice Tests