How to Upgrade Yourself to The PMBOK Guide 6th Edition
As of March 26th, 2018 the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam will be based off of A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) Sixth Edition. The Project Management Institute (PMI)® will grant no exceptions. So, if you find yourself in a situation where you had been studying the PMBOK® Guide Fifth Edition with the plans for taking the PMP® exam prior to March 26th, and you realize that this is just not going to happen, then you are probably wondering what to do now.
In a nutshell: You now have to study the PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition because that is what you will be tested on.
Free Interview: The PMP Exam is Changing in 2018
The exam for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is driven by current practices in the profession. Because project management is evolving, so is the PMP exam. As a result of the release of the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition in September 2017, the PMP exam will change on 26 March 2018. This is to ensure that exam content is consistent with the guide.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.
2018 PMP® Exam Update and The PM PrepCast / The PM Exam Simulator
If you are preparing for The Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam, then you are probably aware that the A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) - Sixth Edition was published in September 2017 and that the Project Management Institute (PMI)® is changing The PMP Exam on March 26, 2018 .
We identified what this means for our exam prep material and have started the update: We are completely redeveloping The PM PrepCast. We are updating all questions in the PMP and CAPM Exam Simulator. We are updating The PM Formula Study guide with the latest formulas.
Here is our FAQ and project status update:
The 4 Secret Ingredients to Pass the CAPM Exam
Are you interested in or starting your career in project management? Are you looking for a way to gain credibility with project managers and employers? Then taking the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam should be on your “to-do” list. The CAPM® exam is developed and administered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and provides recognition of individuals who are just starting their career or are interested in project management. Those who pass the CAPM have demonstrate knowledge of the principles and terminology within A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). This may seem like a lot for someone just starting out in project management, but don’t worry, while the material may seem overwhelming there are a few important factors to consider when preparing to successfully earn your CAPM certificate. Understanding the exam eligibility requirements, learning the project management principles, developing a solid study plan and sticking to it, as well as practicing exam-taking strategies are essential ingredients for CAPM exam success.
Which Project Documents Need A Change Request For Updates?
It is a question that we hear often from our PMP® exam prep students in the discussion forums. For example, Gunaseelan asked, “What all are the project documents which requires approved change requests to get updated?” Housam had a similar question.
Let’s face it: keeping on top of project management paperwork can be a big job. There are documents to create, get signed off and updated. And then there’s finding the information again when you need to revise or use it… A project manager is never far away from a document!
What I want to focus on in this article is the process for updating documents and also include some tips for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) defines a change request as a formal proposal to modify any document, deliverable or baseline. But does that really mean that you need to do a change request every time you want to add a new risk to your risk log? That would be really time consuming and add a lot of extra administrative overhead to the job of updating project management documents.
In this article we’ll dive into when you need a change request to update a project document and when you don’t.
And unfortunately it isn’t a totally straightforward answer!
The 40 Flashcards a Day PMP® Exam Study Habit
Studying for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam may feel like a long and daunting process. There are many study aids available for use that can help make the studying process feel a little less overwhelming. One such study aid is a Flashcard. A Flashcard is defined by macmillandictionary.com as “a small card printed with words, pictures, or numbers that helps someone learn something.” In this article, we discuss how Flashcards can make your PMP® Exam studying a lot easier, along with how developing a 40 flashcards a cards a day habit can help you pass the PMP Exam.
The use of flashcards is a form of distributed practice. Distributed practice means spreading study sessions and self-testing out over time. Distributed practice is a proven method for enhancing student performance, so use flashcards to actively test yourself on concepts one at a time. Flashcards can be used to spread your studying out over time when you are in the process of studying for the PMP Exam. You can use then use your stack of Flashcards to quiz yourself again on the PMP material closer to your PMP Exam date. Flashcards are light, portable, and typically small enough so they can be used to study anywhere and anytime. If you are not interested in carrying around hard copy flashcards, there are even electronic versions you can download for your phone or tablet.
How To Get CAPM® Certification Using Four Study Techniques
If you’ve arrived here it’s because you are probably looking for the best study techniques for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® Exam. You’re in luck! We support thousands of students to successfully pass their Project Management Institute (PMI)® exams, and we know exactly what techniques work.
In this article I’ll cover four common study techniques, tell you whether they are effective and explain how to get the most out of them so your study time is focused and useful.
Help! I’ve Failed The PMP® Audit!
Recently we’ve seen a trend: The Project Management Institute (PMI)® appears to be doing more Project Management Professional (PMP)® audits. That’s where they review your application in detail prior to approving you to take the PMP® Exam.
But there’s another part to this trend: we are seeing more people failing audits and reaching out for help. If that’s you, don’t worry: I’ve got you covered with this article. And if you are in the middle of your PMP training and preparing your application right now, read on: I have some great tips to help you avoid the headaches audits can bring.
Group Coaching Class
Boost Your PMP Exam Prep in Six Sessions!
This is your indispensible PMP exam coaching course! The class curriculum has been designed for busy project managers like yourself to help boost your exam readiness in just six weekly sessions.
Join us on Sundays starting at 11am EST. You will learn PMP exam essentials and still have the rest of the day to yourself! This class is open for PMP prep candidates from all over the world. So take the class and review PMP exam required topics to boost your exam studies, all while you sip your morning coffee -- or afternoon tea!
Invest just six hours of your time and take a major leap forward in your studies!
Yes, It's Really Just $179
Let PMP Coach Dan Ryan help you ace the PMP exam! In the past you had to pay $249 for his group coaching. But this class is now offered for just $179.
The class is exactly the same one that Dan has previously taught to hundreds of successful exam takers! This means that you will get the exact same lessons and quality of coaching, but you're paying $70 less!Order Now And Join The Class
Generational Sensitivity and Diversity
Today’s workforce is made up of more generations than ever before. You might find yourself working with five generations on your project team. So on today’s modern it’s imperative for you to apply generational sensitivity and diversity-awareness to your project teams.
In this article I’ll show you what that means and how it affects your projects. We’ll also look at how cultural sensitivity has an impact on Human Resource Management, Communications Management and Stakeholder Management on your projects: Three large areas of content in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide).
This article is based on an interview that I recorded with Margaret Meloni, PMP. We did the interview because “Generational Sensitivity and Diversity” was recently added to the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Exam Content Outline and she is a respected expert on soft skills. Also, those currently studying for their exam have to expect questions around this topic not only in their PMP Exam Prep but even on the actual exam.
Situational Project Management
The one thing that I really like about project management is how unpredictable my days can sometimes be. I come to the office in the morning with a clear plan of what I’m going to do and then something happens. I love this challenge because as a project manager, I now have to re-evaluate the situation and change my plans accordingly.
But there is more to it than just responding with a knee-jerk reaction. These times demand situational awareness, and you need skill and finesse to handle changing demands effectively. Situational awareness is an important skill to build as a project manager and in this article we’ll look at what it is and how you can use it on your projects.
Emotional Intelligence and Project Management
Emotional intelligence is the ability to monitor your emotions or the emotions of others and use this to guide your actions. A shorter way to say this is to recognize or regulate emotions in ourselves and others.
As project managers, we deal with people all day, every day, and we rely on them to get the job done. In this article, I’ll show you how you can use your emotional intelligence in the different project management knowledge areas and how you can improve your skills. But first, let’s take a look at how this branch of management thinking first started.
More Articles ...
- No More Brain Dumps During Exam Tutorial
- Should I become PMP® Certified or Agile Certified?
- The Effectiveness of Various PMP® Exam Study Techniques
- The PMP® Exam and PMBOK® Guide are Changing
- 90-Day Simulator Extension Access for customers who didn’t pass the PMI® Exam
- Have the Right Mindset for Your PMP® Exam
- PMP® Material NOT in The Guide
- Meeting Management Techniques for the PMP® Exam
- Project and Process Tailoring for the PMP® Exam
- 2016 PMP® Exam Update and The PM PrepCast / The PM Exam Simulator
- Lessons Learned Management Techniques for the PMP® Exam
- How to Prepare for the PMP® Exam in 30 Days
- The PMP® Exam Changes After 11 January 2016. Here’s What This Means For You.
- What is Opportunity Cost and Why Do You Need to Understand It
- How to Find a Great PMP® Mock Exam Online
- How to Get PMP® Certification Using Four Study Techniques
- 7 Questions Every Student SHOULD Ask Their PMP® Coach When Preparing for the PMP Exam
- The 7 Questions Every PMP® Student Asks Their Coach
- The Three R's You need to Pass the PMP® Certification Exam
- Why You Failed PMP® Exam and Missed Your Chance to Being a Certified Project Manager
- Project Management Training Scholarships for Aspiring Project Managers
- 10 Reasons To Use PMP Exam FlashCards as a PMP® Exam Study Material
- You Must Know The PM Plan for Your PMP® Exam Success
- 6 Myths About The PMP® Exam Debunked
- PMP® Exam Lessons Learned from Certified PMP, Scott Coonrod
- Study Project Management Process Groups and Knowledge Areas for the PMP® Exam
- Project Management Institute (PMI)® and the PMP® Exam to Construction Professionals
- Types of Project Management Institute (PMI)® Certifications Explained - Which one is right for you?
- When can a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Audit happen?
- What's more important? Project Management Skills or Industry Skills?
- How To Prepare for and Pass the PMP® Certification Exam
- How to Identify your PMP® Certification Eligibility
- PMP® Exam Lessons Learned and PMP Exam Tips from Those Who Have Been There
- The PMP® Certification Exam based on the Guide
- 7 No Non-Sense Tips To Save on the Cost of PMP® Exam Preparation
- Three Ways To Fail Your PMP® Exam Audit
- What Happens When You Apply For PMP® Exam
- 7 PMP® Exam Lessons Learned from PMP Certification Exam Passers
- Create Your Own PMP® Exam Sample Questions to Prepare for the PMP Exam
- A PMP® Exam Simulator Assesses Your Readiness for the PMP Exam
- The Best Time to Take PMP® exam
- How to Find the Real PMP® Exam Question on the PMP Certification Exam
- An Overview of The Guide
- What You Should Know About The Project Management Institute (PMI)® Code of Conduct
- 10 Steps to Becoming a PMP®
- The 12 Most Popular PMP® Study Materials for your PMP Exam Preparation
- What is my PMP® Eligibility if my Title is not “Project Manager”?
- How To Handle Your Actual PMP® Exam Day
- Three Ways to Prepare for the PMP® Exam
- Project Management Institute (PMI)® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct for Project Managers
- How to Find the Best Answers for the PMP® Exam Questions to Become a Certified PMP
- Answer All PMP® Exam Question on the PMP Certification Exam
- What is the difference between PMP® Contact Hours and PDUs?
- The Secret Of Creating Your PMP® Brain Dump
- 12 Easy Ways to Earn PDUs for PMP® Recertification
- Guide to Those Who Failed the PMP® Exam
- How Joining Online PMP® Forums can Help Boost your PMP Studies
- How To Maintain Your PMP® Certification in 3 Easy Steps
- What to Expect from a PMP® Audit
- 7 Steps to Selecting your Online PMP® Exam Preparation Course
- Should you learn ITTOs by Heart?
- 5 Awesome Reasons to Attend a PMP® Exam Boot Camp to Pass the PMP® Exam
- 5 Reasons NOT to take PMP® Boot Camp Classes for your PMP® Exam Preparation
- Begin your PMP® study with The PMP® Credentials Handbook
- 8 Basic PMP® Study Tips in Preparing for the PMP® examination
- Types of PMP® Exam Questions You Should Know To Pass The PMP® Exam
- Guide to Getting 35 Contact Hours for PMP® Eligibility
- A PMP® Exam Simulator Will Help You Pass the PMP® Exam
- The 4 Secret Ingredients to Pass the PMP® Examination
- What is a PMP® Exam Simulator?
- How to Manage your Time for PMP® Exam Prep
- 7 Criteria for Selecting The Best PMP® Exam Simulator
- Create a PMP® Study Plan to Prepare for Success
- Free PMP® Practice Tests