fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26062

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
A lot of changes to the PMP Exam and Exam Simulator have happened over the last 2 weeks and I would like to take this time to update you on the current status and upcoming changes. For more information about the changes, please visit PMI's announcement www.pmi.org/certifications/project-manag...ion/pmp-exam-updates .

Here is the current status of The PM Exam Simulator 2021:

The PM Exam Simulator 2021 questions are all fully updated to the 2021 exam specifications. Additionally, the Simulator 2021 fully supports multiple-choice, multiple responses, matching drag-and-drop, limited hot-spot, and limited fill-in-the-blank questions. It does not yet support the limited fill-in-the-blank question type. PMI never officially explained how this type was supposed to work, so we are waiting for lessons learned and feedback from those who are taking the 2021 exam so that we can design this. We do not expect this question type to be available before March.

Here are the Simulator 2021 updates we are currently working on. This is primarily for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021:
- Reduce the number of questions for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 (180 questions, previously 200)
- Reduce the exam time for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 (230 minutes, previously 240)
- Allow for two separate timed exam breaks for the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 (Note: Two 10-minute breaks for computer-based tests. No scheduled breaks for paper-based exams.)
- Continue gathering feedback on the limited fill-in-the-blank question type and begin planning the implementation. Release after March 2021.

There are also other features and improvements underway. We will roll out the changes to all PM Exam Simulator users as soon as they are developed and fully tested.

We are also in the process of updating our tutorials and user support related pages.

If you have any questions, please reply to this message below, and we will reply right here.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joann Sosa, Catherine Wood, Balaji Subramanian, Razi Umar, Amber Hillanbrand , Ingrid Betancourt
Last edit: by Stan Po - Admin.

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26063

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Reducing Exams in PMP Simulator 2021 to 180 Questions

In December 2020, PMI announced that the number of questions in the PMP exam would be reduced from 200 to 180, as well as the time allotted for the exam will be decreased from 240 to 230 minutes.

We are glad to inform you that we will adjust the PMP Exam Simulator 2021 accordingly. Starting January 14, 2021, at 09:00am PST/12:00pm EST, the number of questions in each one of the four exams in the PMP Exam Simulator will be reduced from 200 down to 180, and the time allotted for each exam will be set at 231 minutes (the 1 extra minute is added due to the technical design of the simulator software).

The 20 questions that will be taken from each one of the 4 exams (the total of 80 questions) will be transferred to the quiz pool. As a result, students who took any of the exams 1 to 4 and will then take quizzes may come across some or all of the former 80 exam questions in their quizzes.

The reports of the exams taken before the transition from 200 to 180 questions will not be affected.

The total number of questions in the PMP Exam Simulator will remain the same.

If you have any questions, please reply to this message here in the forum.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Razi Umar, Rosdi Baharim, Christopher Hicks, Debasish Acharya

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26071

• Tony Lu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good morning,

I purchase the simulator around 12/23, my questions bank still 200 per exam. I am afraid my setting has not been updated accordingly 2021. Would you please check and verify ?

Thank you so much

Tao Lu 5712340384

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26072

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Tony,

At this time you will still see the 200 questions. As Stas mentions in his message above, the removal of the 20 questions per exam will start on January 14, 2021, at 09:00am PST/12:00pm EST. That's tomorrow.
Until Next Time,

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26085

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
As previously announced, the number of questions in the exams of the PMP Exam Simulator (Exams 1, 2, 3, and 4) has been reduced from 200 to 180, and the time allotted for each exam has been adjusted to 231 minutes.

Please scroll up on this page to read my earlier announcement about why we implemented this change.
Regards,
OSP International LLC

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26088

• Benoit Fregiste
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Team
I am having difficulties accessing the booster course. I can find it. I would like to purchase
Please guide

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26094

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Island Soldier

I checked your account and everything looks OK. You should see the Booster Course on our Welcome page www.project-management-prepcast.com/welcome in the gray box titled "My Active Course" after you log in.

If you do not see it there, please write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (include a screen shot) so that our customer support team can assist you.
Until Next Time,

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26110

• Marhi R
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I am a PMI member. can you please send me a link or guide me where to find a free PMP simulator for practice purpose. i have not seen or used even one so far. kindly guide me please.

my membership id: 6295160

Thanks,
Mathi

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26130

• UPASANA KANSAL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Stan,

There are two quizzes which I didn't attempt till date and when I launch them now they are still showing 200 questions.
I believe they should be updated, please correct me if I'm wrong. Also kindly confirm if my attempted quizzes will also be updated with new format.

TIA
Regards,
Upasana Kansal

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26136

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Hello Upasana,

The reason you still see 200 questions is that you are using the old PMP simulator. The update for the number of questions (from 200 to 180) has been implemented for the new 2021 PMP simulator. I assume you are preparing for your exam in 2021. If so, you should use the PMP 2021 simulator, which has been aligned with the new Examination Content Outline. Please reach out to our support team at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to migrate your account to the new simulator. Please keep in mind the migration might take some time. For more information about the migration, please check out the following page:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-exam-update

I hope this helps.
Regards,
OSP International LLC

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 3 months ago #26137

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
Hello Mathi,

Here is the link to the Free PMP Exam Simulator:
www.pm-exam-simulator.com/pmp-exam-simul...e-pmp-exam-simulator
Regards,
OSP International LLC

Current Status and Coming Updates for The PM Exam Simulator 2021 3 years 2 months ago #26170

• Eric Fejka
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
My PMP Exam simulator 2021 disappeared on my page. its been gone since saturday. i would like it returned i am studying for my exam

Please let me know what happened to it.

thank you

Eric Fejka
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login