fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Exam Update 2020

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23204

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Ritu,

no: when I took the exam, the whiteboard content stayed there for the entire time, even after the break.
However, whatever you write down on the whiteboard during the tutorial will disappeared once the exam begins—as the tutorial is supposed only for practice and get familiar with the tools available. So, if you plan to use the whiteboard for a brain dump, I recommend to do so only after the exam has officially started.

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owais Alsharif, Ritu Bedmutha

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23290

• OpenVision
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Cornelius ,
I hope you are doing well.
I want to pass the PMP certification in 2021. So I have started to see how to proceed. I found that there is a planned change on PMI Exam that will be applicable beginning of 2021. Also, I understood that currently there are no training materials that are 100% in line with 2021 content and format. Is my understand correct?
If yes, do you recommend me to wait for 2021, then only purchase adequate training in 2021?
When you will make available a new version of PreCast that is in line with 2021 Exam content ?
What if I buy the current Precast. Will I receive a free and updated PreCast in 2021 that will be in line with the new 2021 Exam ?
Sorry if my questions were already answered. I am new to the PMI certification world :-)
Thank you
OpenV
Last edit: by OpenVision.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23362

• Stephanie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi! Thank you for all of your help in navigating the PMP test change, Cornelius!

I'm just getting started in the process of getting my PMP and am wondering if I'll have time between now (Sept 9th) and when the current test will stop running (Dec 31) to complete my application, complete my 35 contact hours. AND study for the test.

I believe your website suggested that it would take 2-3 months to study for the exam. I'm wondering if this timeframe includes the 35 contact hours?

If I do sign up for PrepCast Elite (which I would like to do), take the test, and fail, what would my next steps be? Would I have to sign up with PMI to take their new "PMI approved prep courses?" Would there be another way I could fill in my gaps of learning without having to re-take course material that was relevant in the previous test.

I really appreciate you help and insight as I scramble to plan my next steps!

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23366

• OpenVision
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Is this really an active forum? I have asked my question 5 days ago, with no answer.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23367

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
@Openv

I want to pass the PMP certification in 2021. So I have started to see how to proceed. I found that there is a planned change on PMI Exam that will be applicable beginning of 2021. Also, I understood that currently there are no training materials that are 100% in line with 2021 content and format. Is my understand correct?
If yes, do you recommend me to wait for 2021, then only purchase adequate training in 2021?

Training providers (including the PM PrepCast team) are currently getting ready to teach the new PMI-approved content for the 2021 exams. You won't need to wait until 2021 to purchase training. I'll have to defer to other moderators about the dates the new training will be ready.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23378

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Cornelius Fichtner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Hey everyone,

First of all, apologies for the current long delay in answering all your questions. PMI and our company are undergoing a MAJOR shift in PMP exam preparation, so my focus as the president of the company is completely absorbed with those changes. I'll be responding to the questions separately, but wanted to first give you this text here, which we posted on our website only yesterday:

=========================

Additional PMI and PMP Exam Prep Update

PMI is going through a considerable transformation. They are changing their long-standing Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) program to a new Authorized Training Partner (ATP) arrangement. We have recently been approved as an ATP. This means, that we will be using the new, PMI-developed PMP exam prep training materials to help students prepare for the "new" exam starting. Our first training for this is tentatively scheduled to begin in November 2020. As a PMI ATP we are no longer allowed to offer recorded training. Instead, the format of the new training must be live instruction. In our case we will offer virtual sessions with a live instructor in a 5-day class as required by PMI. When our plans firm up, we will be announcing these details on our website and newsletters. We don't have pricing or other details for November 2020, but given the new format, it will most certainly be at a much higher price point than The PM Prepcast offering (US$229).

If you are interested in the November 2020 live virtual training course details, please join our PMP exam tips newsletter at www.project-management-prepcast.com/free/pmp-exam-newsletter , and you'll be automatically informed when class registration opens up.

Until December 31, 2020, The PM Prepcast offers quality training and good value. The 35 contact hours from the PM Prepcast do not expire. The PMBOK Guide Sixth Edition is still a valid reference to prepare for the exam. As an ATP, we have access to a set of "clone" questions from the REAL PMP exam in Jan 2021. These questions would be very similar to real PMP Jan 2021 exam questions, and these questions still list PMBOK Guide Sixth edition references.

However, as mentioned above, The PM PrepCast only covers approx. 85% of the new exam content. For example, lessons that describe the current exam content outline would be irrelevant. One should instead read & study the latest exam content outline very closely. About half of the new exam will represent predictive project management approaches, and the other half will represent agile or hybrid approaches. So, reading the Agile Practice Guide and other agile resources is very important.

Our current recommendation is this: If you are planning to take your exam in 2021 but want to begin immediately, then The PM PrepCast is still a solid approach. PMI will accept the 35 contact hours earned in 2020 for the 2021 exam. So start now to have adequate time to absorb information and study at a reasonable, less intense pace. Then, once it is available use the new version of The PM Exam Simulator (PMP 6.1) and practice to see if there are gaps in my understanding that you may need to cover using other resources.

=========================

This information was posted here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-...date-the-pm-prepcast
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23379

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Open Vision -- here are my answers for you:

>> Correct. As you may have seen from my previous post, going forward we are mandated to use and teach ONLY the official PMI PMP prep course. We were only granted access to this new material a few days ago and are now planning our new (live) courses.

>> You still have enough time to get it done now. This is why we are currently offering 'accellerated' courses that help you get ready in 4 weeks. It's a lot of work but worth considering: www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-group-coaching-class - if you act/order today (2020-09-10) then you can join the class tomorrow for Session 2. Otherwise you have to wait for the October course to begin.

When you will make available a new version of PreCast that is in line with 2021 Exam content ?
>> Never. We are no longer permitted by PMI to offer any recorded training whatsoever for the PMP exam. All training must use the official PMI PMP material and it must be taught live.

What if I buy the current Precast. Will I receive a free and updated PreCast in 2021 that will be in line with the new 2021 Exam ?
>> No because there won't be an updated PrepCast. But you have enough time to get it done before 2021.
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Elizabeth Harrin

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23380

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Stephanie -- my answers for you:

I'm just getting started in the process of getting my PMP and am wondering if I'll have time between now (Sept 9th) and when the current test will stop running (Dec 31) to complete my application, complete my 35 contact hours. AND study for the test. I believe your website suggested that it would take 2-3 months to study for the exam. I'm wondering if this timeframe includes the 35 contact hours?
>> You can do it if you join one of our accelerated classes www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-group-coaching-class

If I do sign up for PrepCast Elite (which I would like to do), take the test, and fail, what would my next steps be? Would I have to sign up with PMI to take their new "PMI approved prep courses?" Would there be another way I could fill in my gaps of learning without having to re-take course material that was relevant in the previous test.
>> My recommendation is always this: Don't ask "what do I do if I fail", but instead ask what you have to do in order to make sure that yo upass. Using the PrepCast, Simulator and the accelerated course will get you there before the end of the year. And -- if it doesn't -- then your training will not be for nothing. PMI still accepts it and you can take the new exam using the old training. (We'll even give you a free upgrade to the new simulator at that time).
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gabriella Dellino, PMP, Elizabeth Harrin

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23396

• OpenVision
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Cornelius ,

Thank you for your answers.
To be honest, I was shocked when I read that within the new Exam format, training centers (like yours) are not allowed to provide recorded lessons to the students. It doesn't make any sense from a learning perspective. It sounds more commercial reasoning from PMI! Being in 2020, Digital domination, 2.0 era and hearing that we can't have recorded training materials is just unbelievable!
I am really starting to consider not to pass the PMI due to that.
I don't know if it matters, but you can forward my feedback to PMI.
Please don't get me wrong. This is a critic for PMI institution and not for your company.
For passing exams this year, it will be a huge challenge and dedication especially for people who have other things to do: work, family, ....
Anyway, thank you for all your inputs.
OpenV

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23442

• Yoana Ivanova
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello Cornelius,

I am currently studying the PrepCast to sit for an exam in 2020. I haven't still gone through all lessons and the final exam.
Once I pass the final exam, am I going to still get the 35 contact hours from PMprepcast recognized by PMI?

My question is provoked by the change that you are undergoing from REP to ATP.
Thanks and Regards
Last edit: by Yoana Ivanova.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 7 months ago #23474

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
Hi Yoana,

if you plan to take the PMP exam by the end of this year, you should be fine.
As soon as you pass the final exam of the PMPrepCast course, you will get the 35 contact hours you need to apply for the PMP exam.

You may find additional information about the impact of the change in the exam here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...all-this-mean-for-me . There are a number of tips and recommendations that you may find useful.
From this article I get that Contact hours earned for taking the course are still valid, no matter if you use the course before or after this change. However, after 2 Jan 2021, you will need to refer to the new Exam Outline.

Good luck on your exam!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 6 months ago #24002

• William Brideau
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Why the date on the PMI website is still January 2021 ?

www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...7b-bacf-c4b1c5e2d164

Thanks,

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 6 months ago #24006

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
@William, The PMP exam changes in January 2021 and the new exam content outline (ECO) comes into effect then. That's why the ECO you linked to mentions January 2021.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 6 months ago #24063

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
@Cornelius Fichtner: Hi. I would like to find out if the accelerated 4-week course to prepare for PMP 2020 exam is still available. When I click on this link www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-group-coaching-class it takes me to a page that only provides session details for the 2021 exam. Is it too late to join the coaching class for 2020?

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 6 months ago #24069

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@anonymous... At this time we are no longer offering coaching classes for the 2020 exam.
Until Next Time,

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24202

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ritu,

The whiteboard stays in the screen once opened unless you decide to close it. So you need not worry.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24343

• Ratandeep Singh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, I'm planning to appear for PMP in 2021. Is the current PREPCast ElitePlus material sufficient for 2021? Should I buy it now?

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24413

• Robix
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I do have few questions, please.

Do we still have time to prepare the 2020 PMP Exam?
Can we still pass the PMP 2020 exam?
How many PMP tests can I apply for in 2020 ?
Is there a minimum time between two exam in 2020 ?

Thanks,
Robix
Last edit: by Robix.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24427

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Hi Robix,

This video should answer all your questions about the 2021 exam:

www.facebook.com/122199359969/videos/372044650661847
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24480

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cornelius,
I am a customer of the PMP Prepcast recorded training course for the 2020 exam and also have purchased the Simulator software. I had been preparing to take the 2020 exam before it expires at the end of the year but for various reasons (new job role and projects at work) plus other required training, I need to finish before year-end I'm afraid I won't be prepared enough to take the exam this year before it expires. Since its PMBOK 6.0 is still in effect will the 2020 Prepcast 35 hour training certificate still be acceptable to PMI to take the 2021 version of the exam? Also, would the 2020 training, minus the emphasis on learning the ITTO's, the PMBOK 6.0, some ancillary Agile Traning I have had together with the 2021 Simulation software be enough to prepare for the 2021 exam in January?
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24503

• Robix
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Yolanda,

My questions are referring to Exam 2020.

Regards,
R.
Last edit: by Robix.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24505

• Yolanda Mabutas
  • Thank you received: 39
Robix,

I hope you were able to listen to the Q & A in the early part of the video. I think your questions were mostly addressed.
You can also watch out for the next FB Live Event of Cornelius and you can ask him directly your questions:
www.facebook.com/events/365144721239144
Yolanda Mabutas
OSP International LLC
www.pm-prepcast.com

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24511

• Robix
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you Yolanda. You're right. I found the answers at the beginning of the video.
R.

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24591

• Darel Aranovski
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 5 months ago #24632

• Ritu Bedmutha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you!

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 4 months ago #25066

• SHI MAK
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear Cornelius ,

I just joined the PM PreCast Elite online program and later I realized that there was not enough time for preparing for Dec 2020 PMP Exam. I was stuck in here.

I would like to have your suggestion: Should I go ahead my study with the PM PreCast 2020 knowing the fact the PMP Exam 2021 will be quite different and I have to take an expensive ATP live course OR
I can request withdraw from PM PreCast Elite program with credit to be applied to your 2021 live course if I sign in after I withdraw from PreCast Elite .

Thanks
Shung

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 4 months ago #25071

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@ Shi Mak

Right now, we recommend the following

1) if you have not yet started your training, then you should wait until 2021 because you don't have enough time
2) If you are in the middle/toward the end of your studies, we recommend "speeding up" and completing it this year.

For all the details on this, please watch this video here:
-- it addresses all the various angles you need to understand.

If you decide to wait until 2021 and enroll in the PMI PMP course, then we would (of course) give you a credit. The payment you made for the PrepCast Elite would be deducted from your payment for the 2021 course.
Until Next Time,

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 4 months ago #25072

• SHI MAK
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Cornelius .

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 3 months ago #25935

• shaher
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
hi
when the simulator for the new PMP exam will be ready and match according to the new changes happened to exam

PMP Exam Update 2020 3 years 3 months ago #25938

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@ Shaher

We released The PMP Exam Simulator 2021 in November of last yer. You can find it here: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/pmp-exam-simulator
Until Next Time,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shaher Nazzal
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login