fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
7 years 7 months ago #8158

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Riyaz,

I am happy that my suggestions were helpful to you. I know exactly how relieved you feel to have passed. Be sure to check out the PDU Podcast at www.project-management-prepcast.com/pdus/the-pdu-podcast Lots of great webinars to help you earn your PDU's.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 7 months ago #8147

Riyaz Ahmed

Thanks Mark. Your suggestions helped me lot.
Am very happy and relieved now :-)

Now checking for the PDU's :-)
7 years 7 months ago #8131

Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Riyaz,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam!! You rocked it! So glad you were able to pass since I could tell you were pretty stressed about it. Thanks for posting your experience and lessons learned. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
7 years 7 months ago #8105

Riyaz Ahmed

Hello PrepCast team,
I passed PMP with credentials of 4P and 1 MP (Closing) and very happyyyyyyy.

My Study materials:
• Rita Mulchay’s PMP Exam Prep (My Primary source)
• PMBOK
• Headfirst (just a run-through)
• iZenbridge YouTube videos
www.projectmanagement.com/

Study plan:
• Started preparation in May 2016, started with Head first. Went through the book in 2 weeks.
• Started reading Rita, then realized this is the book I need. I drank the book not even left single line. I prepared thoroughly reading until early June.
• Read PMBOK until mid of June.
• Taken first mock of 100 questions and started taking mock exams
• Started filling my gaps which is from mock exam results.
• As time ran through, I changed my primary reference to PMBOK and mapped Rita against PMBOK
• Never memorized ITTO rather understood correctly, I came to know my approach was good when I scored 94% in ITTO PrepCast simulator exam
• I reviewed every PrepCast simulators for nearly 8 hours after I attempted mock exams. I just won’t review the questions rather if the question is about estimation methods I will read all estimation techniques.
• PrepCast exam helped me in PMP exam, questions in this simulator is awesome. Its mixture of easy/moderate/wordy/tricky questions. PrepCast simulator prepared to face any kid of questions which I realized during my PMP exams. I have already recommended this simulator to 2 of my friends.
• My scores ranging from 75%-85% in PrepCast simulator. See details in my attachment.

Mock exams taken
• See attachment…

My Suggestions
• Memorizing ITTO is waste of time. Know what’s happening in every Knowledge and Process area.
• Let’s take some example.
o Execution happens in Direct and Manage project work where you get Deliverables
o This Deliverable is input to Control Quality which inturn gives putput as Verified Deliverables.
o Verified Deliverables goes to Validate Scope and we get as Accepted Deliverables
o And finally Accepted Deliverables goes into Close project.
• If scores are low in your mock exams, it’s good that you will prepare more no need to panic.
• I never scored in any of my mock exams more than 85% but in actual PMP I could achieve 4P and 1MP (closing)
• Use some kind of mnemonics to remember few stuffs like Tuckman’s ladder, conflicts etc.,
• Schedule the exam, that’s the good motivation for your preparation. Until I scheduled, I didn’t had that commitment towards my preparation
• 2 or 3 productive hours on every weekdays and 7-8 hours during weekends.

Special thanks PrepCast team for the guidance.
This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF.
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login