fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016

Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016 7 years 8 months ago #8105

• Riyaz Ahmed
  • Riyaz Ahmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello PrepCast team,
I passed PMP with credentials of 4P and 1 MP (Closing) and very happyyyyyyy.

My Study materials:
• Rita Mulchay’s PMP Exam Prep (My Primary source)
• PMBOK
• Headfirst (just a run-through)
• iZenbridge YouTube videos
www.projectmanagement.com/

Study plan:
• Started preparation in May 2016, started with Head first. Went through the book in 2 weeks.
• Started reading Rita, then realized this is the book I need. I drank the book not even left single line. I prepared thoroughly reading until early June.
• Read PMBOK until mid of June.
• Taken first mock of 100 questions and started taking mock exams
• Started filling my gaps which is from mock exam results.
• As time ran through, I changed my primary reference to PMBOK and mapped Rita against PMBOK
• Never memorized ITTO rather understood correctly, I came to know my approach was good when I scored 94% in ITTO PrepCast simulator exam
• I reviewed every PrepCast simulators for nearly 8 hours after I attempted mock exams. I just won’t review the questions rather if the question is about estimation methods I will read all estimation techniques.
• PrepCast exam helped me in PMP exam, questions in this simulator is awesome. Its mixture of easy/moderate/wordy/tricky questions. PrepCast simulator prepared to face any kid of questions which I realized during my PMP exams. I have already recommended this simulator to 2 of my friends.
• My scores ranging from 75%-85% in PrepCast simulator. See details in my attachment.

Mock exams taken
• See attachment…

My Suggestions
• Memorizing ITTO is waste of time. Know what’s happening in every Knowledge and Process area.
• Let’s take some example.
o Execution happens in Direct and Manage project work where you get Deliverables
o This Deliverable is input to Control Quality which inturn gives putput as Verified Deliverables.
o Verified Deliverables goes to Validate Scope and we get as Accepted Deliverables
o And finally Accepted Deliverables goes into Close project.
• If scores are low in your mock exams, it’s good that you will prepare more no need to panic.
• I never scored in any of my mock exams more than 85% but in actual PMP I could achieve 4P and 1MP (closing)
• Use some kind of mnemonics to remember few stuffs like Tuckman’s ladder, conflicts etc.,
• Schedule the exam, that’s the good motivation for your preparation. Until I scheduled, I didn’t had that commitment towards my preparation
• 2 or 3 productive hours on every weekdays and 7-8 hours during weekends.

Special thanks PrepCast team for the guidance.
This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF.
Attachments:
Last edit: by Rochelle Martinez.

Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016 7 years 7 months ago #8131

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Riyaz,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam!! You rocked it! So glad you were able to pass since I could tell you were pretty stressed about it. Thanks for posting your experience and lessons learned. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016 7 years 7 months ago #8147

• Riyaz Ahmed
  • Riyaz Ahmed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Mark. Your suggestions helped me lot.
Am very happy and relieved now :-)

Now checking for the PDU's :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Wuenscher, PMP

Passed PMP, 4P and 1MP (Closing) on 18 Aug 2016 7 years 7 months ago #8158

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Riyaz,

I am happy that my suggestions were helpful to you. I know exactly how relieved you feel to have passed. Be sure to check out the PDU Podcast at www.project-management-prepcast.com/pdus/the-pdu-podcast Lots of great webinars to help you earn your PDU's.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator
Last edit: by Mark Wuenscher, PMP.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login