fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Did I pass?

Did I pass? 3 years 10 months ago #21703

• Jose Calzada
  • Jose Calzada's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey guys, first of all thank you prep cast for the invaluable help during my preparation.

Just took the exam online and I think I passed. After I ran out of time just after responding the last question, and I got the congratulations screen right after that , I was so exited that I jump off my chair off the camera, when I looked at the screen again the chat window was there and they were telling me that I did not suppose to left the room, I freaked out and told them that I thought I finished the test, they asked me if I did, and I told them that yes I was seeing the congratulations screen, so they said that it was ok and that I could leave the room, so I clicked next and skipped the survey expecting to see those results people describe, but nothing, the window got closed, and that was it, I haven’t received any email , scores or any sort of confirmation other Thant that congratulations screen after finished the test. I think I’m good but wondering when do you get those scores or any other confirmation? I hope I didn’t mess it up ...
Last edit: by Jose Calzada.

Did I pass? 3 years 10 months ago #21705

• Omar Alnajjar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Jajaja your reaction to the congratulation message is the best!! Congratulation!!

Yes, you most probably cleared the exam and you should be able to see your result at PMI website in a few days. I think you can see your result at Pearson Vue earlier though (check now if you can see it).

Please let us know about how you prepared for the exam and how the level of difficulty of the exam is compared to Prepcast simulator
Last edit: by Omar Alnajjar.

Did I pass? 3 years 10 months ago #21710

• Jose Calzada
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I passed! I checked the test results in the Persons website, AT.

Regarding prepcast vs the real exam, prepcast definitely was one of my most useful resources next to the Andy Crowe book. The questions on the exam were similar but somehow more vague, I got many questions involving the business documents and the project charter. I felt I was pretty solid on that area but many questions made me have many doubts

Did I pass? 3 years 10 months ago #21713

• PMP Tester111
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I think I had the similar experience, the only difference is that until now, almost 6 days passed by, I cannot find any changes online to indicate my exam result( either passed or ...). So I am wondering what shall i do now.

And congrats to your success and all those hard effort.

Did I pass? 3 years 10 months ago #21714

• Jose Calzada
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Qinhao

Check the Persons website, not the PMI. In the Pearson’s site there are a couple of links, one is test history, that one will only tell you if you have taken the test, there is another one called something like test results, it will open another link with the result of the test, I hope it helps

Did I pass? 3 years 10 months ago #21715

• PMP Tester111
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Jose

Yes, the same moment, I found it also and found it that I passed it also. I guess nowadays, maybe due to the Cov-19, that the test results are a bit of different to online people claimed that you would get the results afterwards. Anyway, it is a good release and a big joy.

Thanks Jose again!
Qinhao

Did I pass? 3 years 8 months ago #22534

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Please can you share the link for checking? I did the same thing - jumped up when I saw the congratulatory message, but then the proctor said it wasn't over, which was confusing. I declined the survey but I don't know where to check and get the confirmation.

Did I pass? 3 years 8 months ago #22537

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 93
The link I found doesn't seem to be working when I copy&paste in another browser.
Let me try to guide you through the steps to get there:
  1. Start from this page: home.pearsonvue.com/Test-takers.aspx
  2. Type 'PMI' in the Ready, set, test field
  3. On the following page, you should be able to see a Login button on the right-hand side of the screen. Click on it, and use your PMI credentials to access
  4. Once there, you should be able to see something similar to the attached screenshot. If you click on 'View score reports' in the panel "My account" on the right-hand side, you should be able to access the PMP exam report

Please notice that I was not aware of these steps when I passed the PMP exam, and I've learned about this procedure only recently, so I cannot be sure when the report becomes available after passing the exam.
Besides, you should be able to receive a notification from PMI within a few days from the day you passed the exam. I got it the next day, but PMI may take up to 3 days. Bear with them, as they are extremely overloaded under the circumstances.

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam!

Gabriella
Gabriella Dellino, PhD, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Payerl, Rahul Kumar, Jason Blythe, Nimal Lanza, Abhishek Joseph Alexander
Last edit: by Gabriella Dellino, PMP. Reason: Missing attachment

Did I pass? 3 years 8 months ago #22549

• Aseem Rastogi
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Gabriella. Yes, this report on Pearson VUE was available for me around 5 minutes or so after the exam got done.

Did I pass? 3 years 8 months ago #22565

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Great! Glad to hear you found it.
I was not aware of this possibility at the time, so had to wait until the next day for the e-mail, and the waiting was killing me :(

Gabriella
The following user(s) said Thank You: Olia Anastasiou

Did I pass? 3 years 6 months ago #23619

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
I had a very similar experience with Peason Vue. I jumped up when I saw the congratulations screen and called out to my wife. The screen disappeared and I didn't get any scores. When I called Peason Vue they said that they have a case on my file saying that I moved and will need to review and will email me in 3-5 days. I'm getting really freaked out because I passed the exam and now don't want to have it disqualified due to the fact that I moved after the exam was over. Have anyone else gone through a similar situation and had their exam revoked? I'd greatly appreciate your feedback.

Did I pass? 3 years 6 months ago #23660

• Danielle Herbert
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I took my test today and was so flustered at the end that couldn't I process my results. I read something that said something about congratulations, but was so exhausted by the end that I didn't trust what I read. I took the exam remotely from my laptop, so there was no print out at the end. I contacted both PMI and pearson; they both said wait 1-3 days for the results. You save me from a tossing and turn next couple of days.

I PASSED (above target)!

I wonder why the pearson people just didn't give me the instructions you gave.

Did I pass? 3 years 5 months ago #24105

• Prashant Agrawal
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I had a similar open and found this discussion. Today i took the exam , post exam remember seeing congratulations but before i read complete message clicked next to see the detail result but then it went into survey..
Followed the instruction shared above and saw the result it say Pass with Above target. however , while checking under recent completed exam clicked on PMP (This on Dashboard)-
The status on page says taken while at the top there is message - We’re sorry but you missed your check-in window making this exam unavailable for delivery.

i am confused. should i wait for the formal mail for the result? kindly suggest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HaiVan Nguyen

Did I pass? 3 years 4 months ago #24687

• Olia Anastasiou
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much! Same issue today..I saw that i passed but no details...now I have seen, 3 AT and 2Ts... Relieved! Thanks for the info!

Did I pass? 3 years 4 months ago #24688

• Andrew Payerl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you, Gabriella, for posting this! Your guide and screenshot is extremely helpful.
The only other question I had is how soon we can use the PMP credentials in our signature. Can we use them immediately after passing the exam or do we have to wait until we are contacted by PMI?

Thank you.

Did I pass? 3 years 4 months ago #24701

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Congratulations, Andrew! I'm glad to hear you find it useful!

I cannot really tell how soon you can use the PMP credentials. Regardless of the PMI notification, the earned date is the one of your exam, so I believe it should be fine to use it as soon as you get proof of passing the exam.
Besides the check on the PearsonVUE page, you may want to take a look at the following link: https://cert.pmi.org/registry.aspx
I would say: once you're in there, you are fully entitled to use your PMP credentials.

Gabriella

Did I pass? 3 years 4 months ago #25121

• Ken
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The same thing happened to me yesterday, the survey section got frozen but showed me you passed, I am worried about it, did I pass?

[email protected] 3 years 4 months ago #25305

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks; this was exactly what I was looking for!!

[email protected] 3 years 4 months ago #25332

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Prashant, same is with me today. I saw congratulatory email but did not quite read it thinking there will be an email. now i see the same message when I login as yours. What is your update?

Did I pass? 3 years 4 months ago #25474

• Jeremy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The same thing happened to me today. I am terrified. My results aren’t showing in the system. What happened with yours?

Did I pass? 3 years 2 months ago #26260

• Bhupinder Kaur
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
This happened with me today, got my results and got up and walked away then got a call that I could be disqualified if I don't sit down and end the session. I did that and later I logged in and I could download my pass result report from the PearsonVUE. Can I still be disqualify for it?

Did I pass? 3 years 2 months ago #26317

• Gabriella Dellino, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi, I cannot really tell, as we cannot speak for PMI/Pearson VUE.
Nevertheless, while I fully understand the enthusiasm and excitement when the "Congratulations" message appears on the screen (I went through it myself!), please notice that Pearson VUE recommends that "After completing the exam and answering the optional survey questions, you must fully close the application before leaving the view of the webcam." This is the only way to be sure nothing will go wrong after completing your exam.

As for the results, it may take up to 3 days for PMI to update your profile on its website, and I spent an entire day wondering if I just dreamed I passed the PMP exam :D
Now I can tell you: you will get an e-mail notification from PMI eventually!

Gabriella

Did I pass? 3 years 2 months ago #26356

• Meena
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for the steps how to find the scores. I passed

Did I pass? 3 years 1 month ago #26479

• Yichen Yuan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
so what was the result eventually?

Did I pass? 2 years 2 months ago #29056

• Maddie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks you Gabriella for your post. I was another frustrated tester who has no idea if I see the congratulations screen right after the exam. I came across your post and immediately followed your plan and I can see the result within two hours of testing, and my actual PMI account didnot update it yet. Thank you so much.

Kat 9 months 2 weeks ago #30665

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you so much for the instructions! I also got confused and nervous as I was not sure if I really passed the exam, and I could not bear the anxiety as I wait for the email from PMI. :D
I followed your instructions and found the result on onVUE confirming that I passed with Above Target for all domains! Yahooo!!! Thank you a ton for sharingggggg!!!!

Did I pass? 6 months 2 weeks ago #30876

• Waiting for Test Results
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I took my PMI online test on the 27th of September. It has been 5 business days, and I still have not received an email about my results. Has anyone else experienced this ?
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.

Did I pass? 6 months 2 weeks ago #30877

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Tiffdoc:

Not to split hairs, but your post is in the middle of the 5th business day after your exam. I suspect that exam day does not count in the review time.

If you don't hear from them by Friday, I'd contact PMI.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login