fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Risk Register vs Issue Log

Risk Register vs Issue Log 3 years 9 months ago #21410

• Neha Talavdekar
  • Neha Talavdekar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Risks are identified during Identify Risk process in Planning. However, If Risks are identified during execution do they go to Risk Register or Issue Log ?

Example: There is a concern of schedule delay due to delay in procuring materials in execution phase. (This was identified in execution and not in planning)
Main key developer left the company so there is a probability that schedule might get delayed. (This was identified in execution and not in planning)
Govt Regulations changed are going to impact the project costs while the project is in execution. (This was identified in execution and not in planning)

Should these be entered in Issue Log or Risk Register ?

Risk Register vs Issue Log 3 years 9 months ago #21426

• Pierre Paris
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Neha,

If it would be me then i would see what the answer is .

1. As per question it sounds like a risk not a issue. Issue should have happened.
2. It is issue and risk as well so depends upon the answer.
3. it again depends upon answer. if you can put the full questions it will help to explain you better...
Last edit: by Pierre Paris.

Risk Register vs Issue Log 3 years 9 months ago #21439

• JIGAR PANCHAL
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I believe first we identify the issue in the log and then can follow the proper channel from Risk Management Plan to revise it.
Last edit: by JIGAR PANCHAL.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login