fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 3 weeks ago #20570

• Claudia Ceboleiro
  • Claudia Ceboleiro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
When trying to re-schedule my exam at Pearson VUE centers there are no dates available until December 2020. Does anyone have the same experience? How are you managing this situation?
I understand there is an intention from PMI to make the exam available from home. Is this confirmed?
Thanks for your feedback

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 3 weeks ago #20571

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Claudia,

Here is the latest from PMI. www.pmi.org/about/coronavirus-single-source-message

They seem to be updating frequently so I would check there.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Sanchez, Claudia Ceboleiro

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20588

• Juan Sanchez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Harry

Sorry for the Rookie question, where can I find info about the current PMP exam versus the "new PMP exam." Currently I have a copy of PMBOK 6th edition in front of me, so I'm wondering if it will be relevant for the new exam.
PMP study started: 4/13/2020
Exam target: 7/13/2020
Current feeling: Excited but long road ahead

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20592

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 607
Juan,

Please read this article here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/free...pmp-exam-update-2019

In a nutshell: PMBOK Guide SIX is still the reference to use.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20593

• Harry Elston
Juan,

That's not a rookie question. The "new exam" date has been a PMI moving target since it was announced in mid 2019.

The "new" exam will start 2 January 2021 according to PMI. Go here www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp and on the right side of the page is "Important PMP Updates" and follow the links.

It will be PMBOK 6 even for the "new exam" although I have heard that after 2 Jan 2021, it will be much more agile oriented.

Hope that helps.

Harry
+++++
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juan Sanchez

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20594

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 607
I agree with Harry. Not a rookie question. Sometimes, even I don't know when what is happening due to PMI's ability to mismanage this update in excruciating splendor.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20595

• Harry Elston
There's some irony here....
+++++

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20596

• Juan Sanchez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Very helpful! Thank you both for clarifying above.

Hope all is well!
PMP study started: 4/13/2020
Exam target: 7/13/2020
Current feeling: Excited but long road ahead

In light of Covid19 my PMP exam is now delayed at least one month 4 years 2 weeks ago #20652

• Claudia Ceboleiro
  • Claudia Ceboleiro's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Great news, we can now do PMP online exam, please check www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project...pmp/exam-prep/online
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login