fbpx

Reply: How to prepare for PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How to prepare for PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #19345

NAISU LIU

It is absolutely possible in 3 months!
I used about 3 months to prepare and i got 5 AT. But that 3 months was a bitch! 2 hours/day during weekdays; 6 hours/day during weekends.
The two books i used are "Rita's" and "All-in-one PMP Exam Prep Kit: PMP Book, 8 pages Quick Reference Guide, and 340 Flashcards Based on Pmbok - 6th Edition by Sohel Akhter". I did use PMBOK but only as a reference.
One good thing about Sohel's set is you can carry the flashcards with you anywhere you go. That really helped me since big part of the test was based on memorization.
Let's say you have 12 weeks; you should use 10 weeks to finish the 2 books. Set your reading schedule weekly and force your self to finish reading and exercises assignment daily. Do not compromise and do not get distracted if your friend called you to hang in a bar tonight. NO! haha

The last 2 weeks you should use the simulator. I finished the 7 mockup exams in 10 days ..... 4 hours a day taking the test + 1 hour to review the wrong answers. Do treat the mockup tests like the REAL PMP test and finish one by one in 4 hours. Most importantly, understand why you got it wrong in the first time. I never took those tests twice.

I only got one 80% in taking mockups; others range from 72% to 78% but did see improvement each time.

I think the key is to set up a realistic studying plan which you can stick to it; and fully and correctly utilize the simulator.

In the end, "where there is a will, there is a way". You can do it!
4 years 4 months ago #19326

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Hi Vijay,

I agree with Emily Rivera’s response in your earlier post: PMP -Can I attempt
It’s not impossible to pass the exam in 3 months and 1 week. Intensive coaching/classtime would make it more probable.

Here is a link regarding coaching and bootcamps from PrepCast:
Find Your PMP® Trainer with PMP® Exam Coaching

Below are links to my Lessons Learned, which talk about:
Study Aides
Driving to the Exam & At the Exam Center
Exam Interface & Answering Questions
Exam Question Types

Everything you want to know about the exam’s changes is here in a PrepCast article, including information about the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition: The PMP® Exam is Changing on 1 July 2020

Again, in Emily’s words in your earlier post, “Good luck to you in whatever path you choose!”

Lisa
4 years 4 months ago #19254

Vijay Garudeswar

Dear Friends and fellow PMP aspirants ,

I have 3 months and 7 days exactly to attempt my PMP exam.I would like to know if this timing is sufficient for preparation to attempt the exam

Kindly assist me on how to prepare and materials(books,mock exams links,videos) w ith appropriate reference (if available) to be used for preparation.

Also help me understand how to remember the ITTO's

Iam assuming that PMBOK 6 th edition is enough until Jul-2020.Please correct me if i am wrong.

I can spend only 1-2 hrs /per day due to my hectic work schedule but I will certainly strive hard to prepare and attempt the exam.

Regards
Vijay

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login