fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 5 years 11 months ago #14051

• Sabina Akhter
  • Sabina Akhter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi All,

I wanted to know if you all studied part 2 of the PMBOK guide 6th edition (The Standard), and whether it's necessary/helpful to study that portion of the textbook? Or would I be ok with just studying the glossary and part 1 of it?

In addition, I am coming into this knowledge fairly new and wanted to know if anyone had a study plan/schedule they can share with me? I am scheduled to take the exam on august 18th and want to make sure I am prepared and able to pass on the 1st try. Thanks in advance!

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 5 years 11 months ago #14055

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Sabina Akhter
The best plans are the ones you come up with for yourself. I do recommend that you take a pre-test (free one) to see what areas you are weak in. I also recommend that you follow the plan that works for most people, prep-cast style videos, a study guide book and the PMBOK. You can enhance your training with flash cards you make from the PMBOK Guide. Plan on a couple hours a day 5 days a week and the plan backwards from your test date. There are many examples on line if you Google them.
Best Wishes
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15563

• Zhenni Liu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have the same question about PMBOK part 2.

Do we need to cover that for PMP exam?

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15646

• nitzan omer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Did you get an answer ? I'm trying to figure out the same thing

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15649

• Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Sabina,
I agree with John. The best study plan is something you come up for yourself based on your work schedule, social life and commitment at home. What I did was I work backwards from the date of my exams. Weekdays I studied from 9-11pm. On weekends, I only studied on Saturday morning till noon (family commitment) and I don't study on Sunday because of church, grocery shopping and spending time with family. Most importantly, once you have a study plan, stick to it as much as you can. In your study plan, remember to add mock exams (i put mock exams as a "break" for me even though I have not finished studying some chapters).

Part 1 and part 2 of PMBOK 6 are the same except that...
- Part 1 is arranged by knowledge areas which include ITTOs, as well as the new 4 sections (key concepts, emerging trends, tailoring considerations and consideration for agile/adaptive environments) at the start of each knowledge area chapter.
- Part 2 is arranged by the 5 process groups. They only showed Inputs and Outputs. Much simplified as compared to Part 1.
In essence, part 1 is more detailed than part 2, and so if time doesn't permit, then concentrate on Part 1 and glossary would be sufficient

Hope this helps! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zhenni Liu

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15650

• Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 21
Oh... one more thing I would like to add. Go to Appendix X6 on page 685 of PMBOK 6. The tools and techniques table helps me a lot when I was studying for my exams and I hope this will help you too :).

Best of luck in you upcoming exams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zhenni Liu

Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan 2 years 3 months ago #28900

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login