fbpx

Reply: Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Part 2 of PMBOK & Study Plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 2 months ago #28900

Anonymous

's Avatar

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
5 years 4 months ago #15650

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Oh... one more thing I would like to add. Go to Appendix X6 on page 685 of PMBOK 6. The tools and techniques table helps me a lot when I was studying for my exams and I hope this will help you too :).

Best of luck in you upcoming exams.
5 years 4 months ago #15649

Cynthia Lim Louis, PMP

Hi Sabina,
I agree with John. The best study plan is something you come up for yourself based on your work schedule, social life and commitment at home. What I did was I work backwards from the date of my exams. Weekdays I studied from 9-11pm. On weekends, I only studied on Saturday morning till noon (family commitment) and I don't study on Sunday because of church, grocery shopping and spending time with family. Most importantly, once you have a study plan, stick to it as much as you can. In your study plan, remember to add mock exams (i put mock exams as a "break" for me even though I have not finished studying some chapters).

Part 1 and part 2 of PMBOK 6 are the same except that...
- Part 1 is arranged by knowledge areas which include ITTOs, as well as the new 4 sections (key concepts, emerging trends, tailoring considerations and consideration for agile/adaptive environments) at the start of each knowledge area chapter.
- Part 2 is arranged by the 5 process groups. They only showed Inputs and Outputs. Much simplified as compared to Part 1.
In essence, part 1 is more detailed than part 2, and so if time doesn't permit, then concentrate on Part 1 and glossary would be sufficient

Hope this helps! :)
5 years 4 months ago #15646

nitzan omer

's Avatar

Did you get an answer ? I'm trying to figure out the same thing
5 years 4 months ago #15563

Zhenni Liu

I have the same question about PMBOK part 2.

Do we need to cover that for PMP exam?
5 years 10 months ago #14055

John Wolverton

Sabina Akhter
The best plans are the ones you come up with for yourself. I do recommend that you take a pre-test (free one) to see what areas you are weak in. I also recommend that you follow the plan that works for most people, prep-cast style videos, a study guide book and the PMBOK. You can enhance your training with flash cards you make from the PMBOK Guide. Plan on a couple hours a day 5 days a week and the plan backwards from your test date. There are many examples on line if you Google them.
Best Wishes
jfw

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login