fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Project Descriptions for PMP Application

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 7 years 5 months ago #8774

• Warren Sher
  • Warren Sher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi

I am assisting a friend of mine with his PMP application. He has applied, been audited and rejected twice. The PMP have come back with the following comments on his application.

Thank you for your interest in the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Credential. We are in receipt of your application and have identified the following concerns:

Project Descriptions - The descriptions you provided are unclear regarding the tasks per process area and the leadership role that you specifically performed. Please provide descriptions with less detail of the project and more focus on your role with the following standards and tasks in mind.

PMI requires that qualified PMP candidates:

* Perform their duties under general supervision and are responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project
* Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources
* Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.

We are unable to ascertain from the project descriptions you have provided if you served as a leader in the capacity on the projects per the aforementioned role definition. Project descriptions should be documented clearly enough to ascertain whether or not the projects documented truly are projects (please refer to PMBOK®Guide, 5th Edition, Section 3.2).

Further, project descriptions should consist of the following:

* A brief, one-sentence project objective
* Project deliverables summarized by process areas (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Controlling, and Closing - abbreviations are acceptable IN, PL, EX, MC & CL)
* A brief, one-sentence project outcome

Project descriptions should be a high level summary of the tasks you led and directed on the project (e.g. Initiating: develop project charter, WBS etc.; Planning: Scope definition etc.; and so on). Project management experience is required in each of the process areas when all projects are totaled, but not on each project. Project descriptions must be provided for all projects submitted on application. Please revise the project descriptions.

Please refer to the PMP Exam Content Outline when describing project management experience. (see link below)

PMP Exam Content Outline
www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...nal-exam-outline.pdf

Your application has been moved to a pending status so that you may address the aforementioned concerns. To edit your application, please use our online certification system at certification.pmi.org/Default.aspx . You may also view and download a copy of your submitted application. When complete, please submit your edited application. Upon review of your re-submitted application, you will receive notification of your eligibility status via e-mail. If the information received is not sufficient, your application may be formally rejected.

Please contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you have questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Program Management Team

I have assisted my friend in rewording his project Descriptions. Before we submit, we would appreciate some other PMP's to have a look and see if we have anything missing

1. Mobile voice call hand-off solution for Neotel
Objective: To investigate, evaluate, acquire and implement a viable solution for Neotel to continue LAN calls on the GSM Network
Role: I managed the entire project life cycle. Developed the project charter and identified stakeholders (I). Developed the project plan accounting for scope, resources and time (P). Managed the team through the execution of the Pilot (E). Reported on progress to stakeholders (M). Closed out & documented recommendations (C)
Outcome: Upon completing of the Pilot the project was terminated

2. Development of training material for sales force
Objective: To investigate, collate, review and distribute a training presentation for the in-house sales team focusing on products offerings
Role: I managed the whole project. Developed the charter and identified key stakeholders (I). Defined the scope with while considering time and cost and quality (P). Coordinated the execution of the research and development of the material (E) Monitored quality and communicated with stakeholders (M) Documented Close out report (C)
Outcomes: Material handed over to sales and presented at conference

3. Planning and installation of Microsoft Lync for ICASA
Objective: To manage the move from Alcatel to Microsoft Lync for the ICASA head offices
Role: I managed the team through the entire project life cycle. Documented the Project Charter (I), created WBS, schedule, budget, quality and rollback plan and secured the necessary resources (P) lead the team through execution and QA(E), reported on progress to Stakeholders and managed quality (M), close out and lessons learnt signed by sponsor (C)
Outcomes: Microsoft Lync implemented

4. Implementation of call recording solution for Eqsta Holdings Limited
Objective: To install the AudioCodes SmartTap call recording solution to monitor and record telephone calls at the Eqstra head offices
Role: I managed the entire project lifecycle. Created project charter (I). Documented WBS, prepared schedule to account for time differences between South African and US Team, developed a detailed communications and Risk management plan (P). Co-ordinated resources throughout execution, communicated with team & stakeholders (E). Monitored quality, schedule, risk & budget throughout (M), project signed off by sponsor and customer (C).
Outcome: Implementation of the SmartTap system on time and in budget

5. Installation of a Session Border Controller for the RSA Department of Finance
Objective: The Installation of a new Session Border Controller (SBC) to replace the existing equipment which was End of Life
Role: I managed the full project life cycle. Documented project charter highlighting business case (I) Facilitated requirements workshops, developed budget, schedule, risk and communication plan (P). Led engineers through execution & QA (E). Closely monitored schedule, budget & risk (M). SBC implemented and project signed off by sponsor (C)
Outcome: SBC implemented and existing equipment decommissioned.

6. Design of training material for customers on telecommunications principals
Objective: To research, design & present training material in the form of presentations aimed at educating new re-sellers on fundamental telecoms principles & standards
Role: I managed the whole project. Developed the charter and identified key stakeholders (I). Planned the scope of the project while considering time and cost and quality (P). Coordinated the execution of the research & development of the material by graphic designers (E). Monitored schedule and quality (M). Documented Project Closure
Outcomes: Material presented at conference

7. Discovery Limited Session Border Controller investigation and design
Objective: To provide an in-depth design, proposal, execution plan and implemention of an AudioCodes Session Border Controller (SBC) for Discovery Holdings’ new offices for the 2018 move
Role: I managed the whole project life cycle. Documented project charter highlighting business case (I). I collected requirements & defined scope while considering costs, budget and quality. I managed the formation of risk, communication and procurement plans. (P) Developed and led engineers through execution & QA while communicating with stakeholders (E). Monitored schedule, quality & budget (M).
Outcome: Currently still in Execution Phase

8. The design of a Wi-Fi solution for apartments in the Johannesburg CBD
Objective: To provide a proposal to provide Wi-Fi coverage to an apartment block for over top services of voice and data
Role: I initiated and planned the project by developing the charter and identifying stakeholders (I). I documented the project management plan which included, scope, time, quality and risk management plans (P). I directed the team during execution (E) while controlling the scope and quality (M). Submitted tender on time with feasible solution that met customers’ requirements (C)
Key deliverables and outcomes: Comprehensive Tender submitted to customer

9. Investigation on call recording solutions to present to management
Objective: To present viable call recording solutions to management for selection as the product offering for the call recording space
Role: I led team through full life cycle. I developed the charter (I) and the project plan including scope, budget & schedule management plan (P). I co-ordinated the various engineers investigations & lead the team to a consensus (E). I monitored the quality of the work performed, ensured project stayed within budget and schedule (M) I presented the outcomes to management and documented the outcome in a close out (C)
Key deliverables and outcomes: Selection of Call Recording Solution

10. Telecommunications solution design for Lesotho government Medical Centres
Objective: To present a viable solution for providing communication to the Lesotho government medical centres considering the challenges of the mountainous terrain
Role: I managed full project life cycle: Created project charter from tender document (I). I planned the scope, cost, quality, risk, communications and risk plans (P). Documented research report on the conditions in Lesotho, lead engineers in design of solution (E). Monitored scope, schedule & budget (M). Documented final tender submission (C)
Outcome: Comprehensive tender submitted on time

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 7 years 5 months ago #8783

• Michael DeCicco
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 44
Unless something has changed in the application process, I wrote up my application with format:
Summarize the project management tasks you managed. Include:
1 Project description (objectives, key deliverables & outcome),
2 Product deliverables (to end users), and
3 Project deliverables (needed to manage the project).
Use PM, not technical, terminology.

I'm not telling you change what you wrote, only to consider the format.
Mike
Yours Respectfully
Michael DeCicco, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 7 years 5 months ago #8788

• Kevin Nason
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
Michael

I agree with your response, and the key point that was passed onto me, when I went through my application process, was to us PM terminology, and line up the work to the processes outline in the PMBOK.

Good Luck!

Kevin

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 7 years 5 months ago #8793

• Clint
  • Clint's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
This is pretty much the exact response I got from PMI on my audit.

I ended up not even bothering with the project descriptions and outcome because I found it too hard to fit everything into the 550 character limit.

What I ended up doing was making a list of the 42 PM processes and as I wrote each project description (I had 20+ projects) I would check off the processes that I had written about. Then when I wrote the about the next projects I would make sure to write about processes that I hadn't checked off, to make sure that my experience covered as much of the 42 processes as possible (I think I covered 40 of them).

This meant that I wasn't "wasting" space in each project description by writing about PM skills that I had already used on other projects. For example I only wrote "Analyze stakeholders" a couple of times, even though you do this on every project!

My next application was accepted.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 7 years 1 week ago #10301

• TB
  • TB's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clint,
Would it be possible for you to share a sample of what you wrote. I worked with a consulting firm and had multiple projects as a result I am struggling to write the description.Want to use the format you mentioned but cannot understand if you only wrote the process name as an item covered in your project description? Did you reference the projects you covered? appreciate your help

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 11 months ago #10591

• Mary O
  • Mary O's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Has your friend submitted their application again? Was it approved? I am in the process of submitting mine for a 2nd time, I failed my first audit, and am looking for the correct format. Thanks!

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 10 months ago #10687

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Just got my response today, same as the above. Not sure what exactly they want to see in the project description. Listing just the processes or tasks would be the same as copy and pasting the content of the PMBOK. How can that tell them how good or bad of a project manager you are???

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 10 months ago #10888

• Matt Cooper
  • Matt Cooper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

I'm really having a tough time coming up with the correct wording for the project descriptions. I am in construction, so most of the projects follow the same sequence of events, and are all based around the same activity, roofing new buildings.

We do have some deliverables, but i feel that the every project has the same net result, "roof replacement". Can anyone help me come up with some ways (or examples) of how I can accomplish what PMI is looking for for the project descriptions?

Thanks,

Matt

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 10 months ago #10897

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Matt,

I too was audited two weeks before I had scheduled to take my test, a year later I took my test! I say that not to discourage you but to let you know to never quit. So how did I get past my first rejected audit? Grouped my projects according to the the according to the five process groups and the recommend percentages in each area. I used only PMI terminology to help explain my projects. I too was in construction, Civil Engineer. For me it was a total rewrite. It is worth looking at any guides that may help you through the process. Also, have you reviewed the Audit Kit Data?
www.project-management-prepcast.com/pmp-...s/pmi-exam-audit-kit

Last, give us an example of your wording so we have a better understanding of what we are dealing with.
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 9 months ago #11037

• Subhransu Sekhar Das
  • Subhransu Sekhar Das's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi ,

Could you please send the format in which i will fill the Project description.

(email address removed by moderator) 6 years 9 months ago #11270

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
HI Mary,
Did you already submit your 2nd application? Did you use the same work experiences? Thanks
Last edit: by .

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 9 months ago #11290

• Mark Wuenscher, PMP
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 64
Subhransu,

Please check the PMP handbook here: www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...ssional-handbook.pdf

It should provide you the details you need to know regarding filling out your experience for the application.

The basic format for your job description should be:

Objective: Briefly state the project objective. What temporary endeavor did you undertake and what unique product, service or result did you deliver.
Add your description. Use keywords from the 5 process groups to quantify you contributions. See the handbook.
Result: If you have enough characters remaining then state the project outcome.

Note that you only have 550 characters for the description. Be brief and to the point. Use "&" instead on "and" to save characters.

Mark
Mark Wuenscher, PMP
Community Moderator

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 6 months ago #11976

• hilal
  • hilal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I was devistated when I get the rejection. Later I had hat with PMI, and their response were they did not see really what I was leading etc. Indeed 550 characters are really limited to explain everything in . So they wanna make sure they can easily pick up the idea that you lead the project from the scratch . So I suggest to take it seriously because to be honest I just filled couple of huge projects I was participant and partially managed .

I got my lesson. Of course I did not give up and will apply again

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 6 months ago #12027

• Greeshma
  • Greeshma's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clint could please share sample as it would help me in submission of mine

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 6 months ago #12198

• Monika Kása
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Clint, Couldyou please share sample. I really need help to fill the application form.
Thank you in advance.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 6 months ago #12199

• Monika Kása
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Greeshma, Could you please share sample. I really need help to fill the application form.
Thank you in advance. (Sorry for missing your name in my previous request).

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 4 months ago #12447

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you share the sample

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 4 months ago #12560

• Cheng-yi (Andrew) Shih
  • Cheng-yi (Andrew) Shih's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My application also got rejected when I submit the first time, but I got my work experience approved after I revised the project descriptions. Here are some tips:

I find the following link helpful:
www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...application-tips.pdf
Also, in the online application where you fill in the hours for each of the process domains, it lists out sample tasks for those process domains.

I sent the audit team (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) one of my revised response to validate if it will satisfy the project description. I explained that I don't want to waste my managers' time so I will really appreciate if they can review first. The PMI audit team was kind enough that they reviewed my sample revision and confirmed it's OK.

For project description, basically you want to highlight the tasks in the process areas you lead and the some techniques you used. It's not likely you can cover all processes and techniques in 550 characters, so keep it brief. I did many workshops so many project descriptions look similar, but that's not a problem for audit.

If you still need a sample project description, you can reach me on LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/chengyishih

Lastly, I know it seems like a hassle being selected for audit, but having gone through the process I actually feel more confident and proud that my work experience has been reviewed and approved by PMI. Hopefully you will feel the same that your experience is getting stamp of approval and good luck to your application process.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 3 months ago #12741

• Lisa Archer
  • Lisa Archer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Cheng-Yi,

I am in the process of submitting my work experience for the first time and I want to get it right.

Will you share with me a sample of one of your descriptions.
I have over 100 projects.

Thanks,
Lisa

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 3 months ago #12843

• Jennifer Marek
  • Jennifer Marek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good morning Andrew,

I am also in the process of preparing my submission of my experience for the PMP application and will highly appreciate your help.
Could you please email me a sample of the description you used for your application.
I want to make sure that my submission is accepted.
My email is (email address removed by moderator)

Thank you,

Jennifer

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 3 months ago #12871

• C_Rosa
  • C_Rosa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello everyone!

I'm also going through the same issue with my PMP application, my application has just been rejected for the 2nd time due to the work experience information. I have to say that I'm a little discouraged because I am in the process of taking a boot camp to prepare to take the exam within the next 3 weeks and hit this roadblock once again. Can anyone please share some advise or a sample of an approved application (after Audit). Thank you.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 months ago #13013

• Suzette Stona
  • Suzette Stona's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you please send a sample of your 550 words so that I can get an idea of what you wrote.

Thanks

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 months ago #13014

• Suzette Stona
  • Suzette Stona's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you please send a sample of your 550 words so that I can get an idea of what you wrote? I don’t want to repeat or add a lot jargons.

Thanks

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 months ago #13062

• Jelena
  • Jelena's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can someone share the example of wording for PMP application? My email is (email address removed by moderator), thanks in advance.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 months ago #13190

• Mackson Gilika
  • Mackson Gilika's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am based overseas and am interested in sitting for PMP certification exams before end of March 2018. Could you send me a sample of your project description for PMP application. i don't want to be audited...I want to do it write first time.
Thanks
MK Gilika

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 months ago #13199

• Patrick Floris PhD PMP
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 4
My opinion on preparing the PMP application would be also not to over-do the experience section.

All that is needed is to demonstrate, if you have a 4 year degree, that you have 3 years experience managing project within the last 8 years. No point in listing anything above that.

I would focus then on the wording of those selected projects to make sure you mention your PM role using PMBOK terminologies.

Also regarding being audited, I believe that it is a random process so by using the wrong wording, you won't increase your changes of getting picked. The wrong words however, will get you to fail the audit once picked
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Wolverton

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 months ago #13211

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
My advice for these type of questions is describe what you did to lead the project keeping the Process Groups in mind: Initiated, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling then Closing.

Avoid superfluous language like "I managed the entire project lifecycle". Described HOW you went through the 5 process groups avoiding industry specific language that a reviewer may not understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel Magnotta

Can you please share sample PMP application to my id (email address removed) 6 years 2 weeks ago #13860

• santosh matam
  • santosh matam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Anonymous wrote: Kasa, I am having similar issues with my application, it has been rejected due to lack of information. would you be so kind to share a sample with me at (email address removed by moderator)

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 weeks ago #13861

• santosh
  • santosh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clint can you please share your application to my id (email address removed by moderator)

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 2 weeks ago #13865

• Ginu A
  • Ginu A's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Kasa, I am having similar issues with my application, it has been rejected due to lack of information. would you be so kind to share a sample with me at (email address removed by moderator)

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 6 years 6 days ago #13931

• Bob
  • Bob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you please clarify if 3 years of experience is "effort" or "duration"?
Thank you.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 11 months ago #13981

• Paul Didzbalis
  • Paul Didzbalis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clint,

I know your post was from more than a year ago, however, I am in the same situation. From reading these posts, I think that I am on the right track.
Just to be sure, I was hoping you could send me a sample of one of your project references?

Thanks in advance

Paul

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 11 months ago #14180

• Loubna
  • Loubna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Angels
HI Guys
as part of my assignments at my university (MBA), I am asked to prepare 3 projects and I need your support please.
I am willing to make one in a construction company the two others in financial and IT field.
Please if you have any case studies or project examples to inspire me so I can pass my assignements.
Thank you so much
My email is : (email address removed by moderator)

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 11 months ago #14196

• Cheng-yi (Andrew) Shih
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Bob,

Assuming you have a 4-year college degree or global equivalent, then you will need to satisfy:
Duration: Minimum of three years (36 months) unique non-overlapping professional project management experience
Effort: With at least 4,500 hours were spent leading and directing the project

Andrew

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 10 months ago #14314

• K Whatley
  • K Whatley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Is there anyone here who I might be able to send my descriptions to for review? My application was previously rejected so I just want some feedback on my revised application to avoid another rejection if possible. Thanks

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 10 months ago #14316

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
K -
If you are willing to share it here multiple people usually gives feedback. One point of interest that I use after being audited was to make sure the experience was balanced. It was accepted the second time around. See enclosed pic.
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
Attachments:

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 10 months ago #14331

• Cheng-yi (Andrew) Shih
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi K,
A few candidates reach out to me through my LinkedIn mentioned above so I finally created my blog to cover this topic for candidates who are struggling with project description, pmp.wisdomdepot.com/pmp-project-description
If you still need help, you can reach out to me from my blog or LinkedIn. Just keep mind I can only offer my personal opinion and it's not a guarantee.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 10 months ago #14337

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Andrew - Nice job thanks!!
jfw
John F. Wolverton, PMP®

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 9 months ago #14449

• Tamika Sanders
  • Tamika Sanders's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I used the same format for my status report and yearly reviews.
-Name of project
'Summary description
-How I successfully implemented the project by explaining my responsibility in the process groups at a specific phase.
Note: Note all projects were implemented because an other project may have incorporated the business need. Some projects I led the implementation and/or monitor and controlling effort.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 9 months ago #14541

• GEORGE NYAMAO
  • GEORGE NYAMAO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for sharing your blog. It's so much help.

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 6 months ago #15304

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Clint,
I’m trying to edit my experience as well.
Would it be possible to email me a sample of your write up for project descriptions? My email is (email address removed by moderator) .
Thank you so much

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 6 months ago #15340

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi everyone,

My apologies but I have to remove your email address in your posts. This is a public forum, anyone can visit it so it is best that for your protection, we do this. For anyone who wants to send an email to anyone within this forum whose email address is removed, please send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. We will then forward your email to them. Please make the subject title of your email "Project Description for PMP Application Forum".

Thank you and have a good day, everyone!

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 5 years 1 month ago #16761

• Ahsan
  • Ahsan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Everyone !

I'm in the process of filling the PMP application and I would really appreciate feedback on my Project Description format. Just need to know if I'm going in the right direction.

This is the detailed description, Process-wise:

Objective: To conduct summer camp in 18 school units to engage and develop primary school students through activity based learning

Initiation: Identified stakeholders; I held regional meetings with principals to inform them about the selected schools and camp dates. I held meetings with private secondary school chains inviting them to nominate volunteers for social internships

Planning:
Collect Requirement; I requested and received regional requirements of activity material from the Head Office
Estimate activity resources; I estimated the logistics requirements, held meetings with vendors for quotations, analyzed and chose within the budget
Identify Risk and Plan Risk Response; I predicted 20% volunteer dropout due to high temperature and arranged a support/backup group

Execution:
Perform Quality Assurance; I instructed my team to conduct pre-camp tests with students of 5 locations out of 18 to gauge their improvement with post-camp tests at the closing
Acquire and Develop Project Team; I arranged and conducted interview sessions at selected colleges, conducted orientation, divided the volunteers into groups and assigned supervisors

Monitoring and Controlling:
Control Costs; I disbursed activity material from the backup inventory to limit and control external buying
Monitor and Control Risks; I filled in new volunteers from the backup pool due to expected volunteer dropout

Closing:
Close Project; I managed preparation of theatrical performances by the volunteers and students for the closing ceremony

Outcome:
The Summer Camp was conducted targeting more locations than previous cycle

The condensed form within 500-Character Limit for the same project is as follows:

"To conduct summer camp in 18 schools, I held meetings with the selected school principals schools. I negotiated terms with logistics vendor. I arranged backup for volunteer dropout. I conducted orientation, created groups and assigned supervisors. I assigned my team to conduct pre-camp and post-camp tests at 5 locations for assessment. I disbursed activity material from inventory to each location. I replaced dropouts from the backup. I managed theatrical performances for the closing ceremony."

Would really appreciate feedback !

Project Descriptions for PMP Application 4 years 10 months ago #17528

• MUhammad Younas Khan
  • MUhammad Younas Khan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Can you please share in 550 words a high-level description that summarizes your experience on this project and includes:
• • The project objective
• • The project outcome
• • Your role on the project
• • Your responsibilities and deliverables for each of the domains for which you are submitting experience hours
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login