Appreciate any help on this. My PMI application went into audit. I sent my experience verification forms in a sealed envelop filled and signed / sealed by my former managers under whom I executed the projects. My education and 35 contact hours have been verified but I have been assigned a non fault audit failure as per below. I have been truthful in my role description but u may not have used wording expected by PMI. Any suggestions on how to redraft my application so I don't have to deal with this again ?
Email from PMI
Thanks for your patience in the audit process. Upon a thorough review of your application it has come to our attention that the projects listed on your application do not meet the requirements of the Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential. As such, we will be unable to approve your application at this time. Note, your diploma and certificate of 35 contact hours were received. These met the education requirements.
The projects listed on your application do not meet the experience requirement because the deliverables you documented do not indicate how you lead and directed a cross functional team in all five process groups (initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling and closing) across all your projects submitted on the application. Note, you do not need to have experience in all five groups on each project, but the entire application needs to have the groups.
Because your application does not meet the experience requirements, we are unable to proceed with the audit at this time. Your application has been failed for the reason of “no fault,” meaning that you were unable to comply with the candidate audit due to your application not meeting these requirements. There is no penalty period associated with this, and you may re-apply when you are able to meet the minimum eligibility requirements. Should you choose to re-apply, your new application will again be audited after payment is submitted. The education requirements do not have to be verified on the next application. We have also requested a refund of your examination fees in accordance with the refund policy outlined on page 13 in the PMP Credential Handbook. This will be returned using the same method by which you originally submitted payment. An associate from our finance team will reach out via email in 7-10 business days.
The PMP credential recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager, specifically experiences in leading and directing projects. All candidates are asked to adhere to PMI's rigorous eligibility requirements; failure on our part to uphold these requirements jeopardizes the integrity of the PMP credential. PMI® requires that qualified PMP candidates:
• Perform their duties under general supervision and are responsible for all aspects of the project for the life of the project(s) across all five domain areas
• Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
Please consider the following project criteria when submitting a new application:
• Project entries represent professional and compensated work; a project is defined as a temporary endeavor with a definite beginning and end undertaken to create a unique project, product or service.
• Tasks documented are project tasks, and not routine, operational or administrative in nature.
• Projects are documented individually, and multiple projects are not documented as one.
• Hours of experience are reasonable for the timeframe of the project.
• Project titles reflect the true project title, and not the candidate’s role or function
• Deliverables are documented clearly, and in each process area claimed for hours.
Additional information regarding the application requirements and role definitions can be found in the PMP Credential Handbook