fbpx

Reply: PMI No fault audit failure

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMI No fault audit failure

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 11 months ago #14015

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi RK,
Thanks for sharing your PMI experience. I am in the same boat. PMI rejected my first application for lack of PM experience. I mainly work in IT and have led and delivered multiple projects successfully. Can you please share how you worded your experience (redacting project info of course).

Thanks
RP
6 years 1 month ago #13248

NS

's Avatar

The map cannot be displayed, you haven't specified a location yet.
Hi ,

I failed the PMP Audit twice over. First time, i realized I submitted the application with descriptions like bullet points in a resume. But the 2nd time around I corrected that. Do not know the reason, but i just read in the blog that the hours for each project also need to be balanced like the hours balanced for the exam for different phases? Should i submit all different project and also have a different person than before validate my experience etc? Does submitting the same projects create problems. What other tips do you recommend. I have been looking up the PMI website and handbook to get more details. Appreciate your help on this. Thanks
6 years 2 months ago #12852

Mohsin

's Avatar

My Application has been rejected PMI response is pasted as below please guide me how to resubmit it again

After thorough review of your application, it has been determined that your application does not meet the minimum eligibility requirements. At this time your application has been closed.

Eligibility Not Met: Experience is not a project
PMI defines a project as a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product service or result. Every project creates a unique product, service or result such as:

A product that can be either a component or another item, an enhancement of an item, or an end item in itself
A service or a capability to perform a service (e.g., a business function that supports production or distribution)
An improvement in the existing product or service lines (e.g., A Six Sigma product undertaken to reduce defects)
A result, such as an outcome or document (e.g., research project that develops knowledge that can be used to determine whether a trend exists or a new process will benefit society)
6 years 2 months ago #12742

Luciana Gomes

's Avatar

Hi guys

I am also upset because the audit process dind'nt accepted my PM Experience.
I would like to ask if worth send them an email asking for a revision because I beliave they misunterstand my PM Experience, or is it a wast of time and I should apply again?

Do you know if I need to apply all projects experence again in the PMI website? In this case is it necessary to provide again the documents with the signature of my supervisors for the other 2 projects that was approved as Project Managment Experiences?
6 years 3 months ago #12562

John Wolverton

Also from: Cheng-yi (Andrew) Shih
My application also got rejected when I submit the first time, but I got my work experience approved after I revised the project descriptions. Here are some tips:

I find the following link helpful:
www.pmi.org/-/media/pmi/documents/public...application-tips.pdf
Also, in the online application where you fill in the hours for each of the process domains, it lists out sample tasks for those process domains.

I sent the audit team (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) one of my revised response to validate if it will satisfy the project description. I explained that I don't want to waste my managers' time so I will really appreciate if they can review first. The PMI audit team was kind enough that they reviewed my sample revision and confirmed it's OK.

For project description, basically you want to highlight the tasks in the process areas you lead and the some techniques you used. It's not likely you can cover all processes and techniques in 550 characters, so keep it brief. I did many workshops so many project descriptions look similar, but that's not a problem for audit.

If you still need a sample project description, you can reach me on LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/chengyishih

Lastly, I know it seems like a hassle being selected for audit, but having gone through the process I actually feel more confident and proud that my work experience has been reviewed and approved by PMI. Hopefully you will feel the same that your experience is getting stamp of approval and good luck to your application process.
6 years 3 months ago #12561

John Wolverton

Yes I add new ones to ensure I had all areas covered. I also recommend spending time on the PMI website looking at how to submit an application. I had to read through it several times to get the full understanding of what they wanted.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login