fbpx

Reply: PMP exam is changing on 11.01.2016 (6th edition?)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam is changing on 11.01.2016 (6th edition?)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
8 years 1 week ago #7151

Neeraj Kumar

's Avatar

You're doing great buddy. Please visit below link for most precise information on changing the exam pattern:
www.pmi.org/PMBOK-Guide-and-Standards/St...ndards-Projects.aspx

You still have time to work on concepts and give your exam. You can go ahead with any exam either with 5th edition or upgraded one next year.
All the best for your exam.
8 years 3 months ago #6646

Daniel Blossey

According to Will I get a free update of The PM PrepCast? the current students get a free upgrade of the PM PrepCast.
According to Will I get these new questions for free? the current students get a free upgrade of the exam simulator too.

Thanks Cornelius!
8 years 4 months ago #6519

Daniel Blossey

According to Will I get a free update of The PM PrepCast? the current students get a free upgrade. I don't know if this applies also to the exam simulator. But I will ask Cornelius...

I started with the sample questions of the videos... I will ask myself if I am willing to take the exam before 12.1.16 in the middle of December 2015. But I would like to decide on my own and not based on PMI's decision when to take the exam. So, learning the other extra new stuff maybe also OK for me. Taking the exam before 10.12.2015 to avoid the crowd/rush is not realistic for me.

Thanks!
8 years 5 months ago #6240

ADowling

's Avatar

Thank you Dawn and Jonathan for the feedback. I really appreciate your time!
8 years 5 months ago #6239

Jonathan Emmons

It's certainly possible, though whether it's realistic is really up to you - what works best for you as far as pace and learning style, how much "book knowledge" you have coming in, and how comfortable you are taking tests. I took my exam about a month after I started studying in earnest, but I'm very comfortable taking those sorts of exams and am generally a pretty quick study. I also didn't have any particular deadline for getting certified - I had the luxury of scheduling the exam as early or as late as I felt ready to take it.I know there are plenty of people who would tell you that they needed several months of highly structured study and review before they were comfortable, and that signing up for an exam date that close wouldn't have been wise for them.

So short version is that you're the best person to be able to make that determination. Just keep in mind that given the timelines you don't have a lot of margin for error. If you don't pass the first time around, or get started studying for the current version but later feel you need to reschedule to give yourself more time, you may end up having to schedule your exam for after the cutover, which means un-learning the older content. So unless you're under a time crunch to get certified (e.g. wanting to have it before your current project wraps up and you hit the job market) or you're very confident that you can ramp up quickly and pass on your first attempt, it may make sense to just plan to take it in the first few months of 2016 and and prepare using the new materials, if only to minimize your risk and stress levels.
8 years 5 months ago #6238

Dawn Upperman

Hi ADowling, It may be possible, but at this point I would recommended taking your time and waiting to study for the newer exam. There can be a lot of stress involved in trying the meet the test change deadline. Also, it's important to get a good understanding of the material and that may be challenging with such a short window of time to study. Best of luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login