fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 3 years 1 month ago #26522

• HADI SHIRMOHAMADALI
  • HADI SHIRMOHAMADALI's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good morning,

I am writing to you as an aspiring PMP candidate that has been studying rigorously for the past 3 months in preparation for my PMP exam. I opted to take the exam from home due to the convenience but it was by the far the worst mistake as it turned out to be a complete nightmare.

I was scheduled to take the exam last Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 from my "home" online office. When the exam started the Pearson VUE proctor talked to me through the online portal and told me the ground rules. Quickly I realized that Pearson VUE proctors were watching me very very closely. They started to tell me to move closer to the camera, which made my face only 2 inches from the camera. They told me never to my eyes and always look forward or they will revoke my exam. They told me to stop whispering the questions or mumbling out loud which I normally do when taking an exam. For context, the proctor would interrupt my exam every 5 minutes to warn me about something i was doing wrong and that they would revoke my exam. It is impossible to take the test under these conditions of stress as you are unable to even read a question or focus.

Lastly, after i finished my first section i was given a 10 minute break. When i returned from the break i was told by the proctor to take off my watch which i had on the entire exam. I listened to the proctor and took off my watch. When i returned to the exam, the proctor said i moved out of the view of the camera and that he is now revoking my exam. I tried to plead with him and was even in tears at one point due to the traumatic events of the exam.

One week later now, I am lost and not knowing what i can do to resolve this. Pearson said they would investigate this issue but now have told me to contact PMI.

I have never cheated on an exam and this experience was by far the worst test taking experience of my life. I am at a loss of words and do not what next steps to take to retake this exam.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 3 years 1 month ago #26544

• Elena Mekhanoshina
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi Hadi,

This is such a devastating experience that you had to go through. The online Pearson exam is very tough on making sure people are not cheating. They try to do their best to make sure the integrity of the exam is preserved, and it is tough to do when the only means they have is a laptop camera without 360 view. Having said that, I agree the experience is not a pleasant one. During my online exam, they constantly interrupted by asking me not to keep my hands close to the mouth, or not talking/mumbling questions/answers, etc. Honestly, I was afraid to even look up above the screen or even look at the window. The experience was very stressful, and I was determined that if I don't pass, I won't be retaking an online exam.

In your situation, can you consider taking an exam in offline exam centers? I wouldn't suggest trying the online exam again - the experience won't likely change. But also, please engage with Pearson/PMI to try to get the results of their investigation of your exam experience.

Please keep your head high and be assured that you have done nothing wrong.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 8 months ago #27974

• PearsonVue Devastated Client
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Your experience is really traumatic and I would say it can be said inhumane.
This has happened also to a few of the takers I have known. Especially if the proctors and takers are from different "competing countries".
I even suspected that some of them might be involved in proxy testing that they will fail the takers so that they will have some "clients".
PearsonVue shall investigate the integrity of their proctors especially those coming from...... (where cheating is a norm)

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #28296

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
To me the proctor said, you are coming too close to the camera, don't speak,..... Than all of a sudden the exam went off my screen and I rushed to check the internet connection, that was the (I had done 150 questions of 180), point when proctor said, I moved away(max 10sec) so revoked my exam. I never knew sitting in the comfort of house is so uncomfortable. With no one in room and only you, you can't even mumble your question.
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 6 months ago #28324

• Trishna Patel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Hadi

This is the same traumatic experience I had last year so decided to take my exam in person this year and passed with AT. I suggest you call PMI, also send an email to the customer service and explain everything again. They will allow you to reappear the exam at no cost. This what they offered me too, but my experience last year was so traumatic that online exam was a complete no for me. I took in person only for which I paid, at the end it was worth my efforts. In person experience is excellent excellent !!!

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 5 months ago #28527

• Tatiana Belousov
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a similar experience this morning. One proctor asked me to stop reading questions out loud which I did and then another proctor revoked my exam by saying that I was mumbling. I was simply moving my lips when reading the questions and answers. I am extremely mad and think that the proctors should be able to hear whether you are talking or not, and if needed asking to see if anyone is in the room by turning your laptop around.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 5 months ago #28639

• Laia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hope I have a better experience... I preferred to take it on-line because I get very nervous when commuting to exams. I will try to be looking at the screen all the time... I guess it's a good idea to close my blinks... I'm used to be superfocused on screens because of my work and luckily I never been a "loud reader" nor I move my mouth when reading (we were took off very seriously at school if we did... I guess that now somehow this is going to be worth XD).

I'm very sorry to hear what happened to you and I hope that you resolved everything and passed the exam.

Today I took the exam, I was so scared that I emptied the room, only a desk and empty furniture with american tape in doors (like a tamper evident). I was looking at the screen all the time and made efforts to keep my mouth closed ALL the exam (my tension was accumulating there). It is thanks to feedback like yours that I was able to prepare my exam. I only looked the screen and closed blinks in windows to avoid the temptation to look through them while thinking an answer. 0 warnings but I think I looked like a robot.

I just hope that you soon repeat the exam and pass!
Last edit: by Laia.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 5 months ago #28640

• Joseph M Couture
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
With all due respect, I do not understand how this can come as a surprise to some. This is simply normal testing conditions while participating in a remote testing environment.

For example, while undergoing my MBA, I had to test like this constantly because the coursework/tests were remote.
Similarly, with my Master's degree in IT, it is simply the only way that a proctor can observe you and that the test would retain its reputation.

Why would you be moving out of camera anyway? If the camera, is as close as you say to your face, it should be next to impossible to move out of view.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 4 months ago #28710

• Chris
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
"Why would you be moving out of camera anyway? If the camera, is as close as you say to your face, it should be next to impossible to move out of view."

Ummm that doesn't make sense at all. If your face is closer to the camera, a movement of a couple inches could put you off screen, whereas if you are sitting a few feet away, it would take very large movements of probably several feet to move off camera.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 4 months ago #28826

• Katarzyna Mendez
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a very similar experience here.

I was scheduled to take the exam last Tuesday, December 14th, 2021 from my home.. When the exam started the Pearson VUE proctor talked to me through the online portal and told me the ground rules. I started the exam after 10 questions they told me to stop whispering the questions or mumbling which I didn't do. I am 48 year old and I can control my behavior. I always follow rules and procedures. I answered another 5 questions and got a pop out on the screen they they revoked the exam because I was mumbling. It was extremely unethical. The provided me with a case number for a few seconds and I didn't even had time to marked it down when the screen disappeared.

I have never cheated on an exam and this experience was by far the worst test taking experience of my life.

Two days after reporting the case to PMI, PMI told me that they contacted Pearson VUE and they told them that I was mumbling. I requested recording and I haven't received a respond yet. We pay money to take the exam and we want to be treated right.

WARNING FOR FUTURE CANDIDATE: do NOT take the exam from your home.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 3 months ago #28927

• Muhammad bin Nawaz
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
At my pearson exam I've done 135 questions out of 180 and my score passed. the proctor revoke my exam by notifying me that I'm looking out of the screen, which is not. I was reading the question left to write and head was moving but eyes were only stick to the questions line. any way I've seen the pearson VuE dashboard my passing score but not sure the PMI will be displayed my result on dashboard? What was your experience if you passed after 150 questions,

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 2 months ago #28977

• Greg
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had a very similar experience this morning. I have vision problem and was close to the screen to be able to read the questions. The proctor revoked my test. I am shattered. They are asking me to wait for 3-5 business days. How was your issue resolved? were you able to re-take the test and how long did it take to retake the test. Please help.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 2 months ago #28983

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
While I can sympathize with the terrible experiences detailed in this thread, I also understand that there must be a set of standardized methods to prevent cheating on the online exam. Unfortunately, Pearson has to employ these methods to maintain the credibility of the exam and that of all who hold the PMP certification. While sometimes harsh, these methods will likely never change. If the rules are broken even innocently, Pearson has to revoke the exam so as to avoid setting a dangerous precedent for future exam-takers. My recommendation is to take the exam in person at a testing center. Having to wear a mask for 4 hours at a test center is worth avoiding the pain of test revocation. I sat for the exam in August of 2020 during the initial COVID peak. I never would've taken an online exam because I'd heard similar horror stories from other certification programs. During my eight weeks of practice exams, I wore a mask for each one to prepare me for the real experience, and I ended up scoring 5x AT on my first try. The purpose here isn't to brag, but to recommend that you take the exam at a testing center and prepare appropriately, even down to the minute details of mask wear, etc.
Brad Pennington, PMP
PrepCast Community Moderator

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 1 week ago #29265

• Jesi Bullrich
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, but many people read out loud to understand questions. You may not have that problem but others do and it SHOULD be allowed if you have shown your room and are in a seculded room with no one around.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 2 years 1 hour ago #29303

• mohammed abuthahir
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
same issue for me.
i sent email to PMI to renable the test assessment but examsecurity haven't.
so sent memberappeals today for either restoring credentials or reexam option.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 10 months ago #29457

• Jeanine Rodriguez
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just took the exam. I had 30 questions left to go. I studied my butt off and paid for a live instructional course to prep. The proctor said she was chatting with me in the chat box I hid (so that I could focus on the questions and answers only). The rules stipulate that they may call, chat. I heard my phone vibrate however and picked it up right away when I saw a 617 number. At that point she, Rosa stated she was ending my exam.

Its a very human thing to read questions in your mind and let them roll off your tongue. Im my case it was the first 2 or 3 words of a question. I noticed myself and stopped. I've been crying so hard. Its not fair. These things should be looked at on a case by case basis and they need to do something about the chat box not being on the screen or if the proctor doesn't get a hold of you on chat, they should call.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 10 months ago #29461

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Jeanine,

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with the at-home test. Unfortunately, Pearson has very strict rules for at-home test takers that help maintain the integrity of both the test and the certification. You probably shouldn’t have had your phone in the room and simply relied on the chat. My advice: when you retake the test, do it in a test center. I used a test center at the height of the pandemic, and though I had to wear a mask, it was a relatively painless experience. If you use a test center, you avoid a lot of the pain of taking the exam at home. Regarding the at-home test over the last couple of years, I’ve seen more stories similar to yours than success stories. You’ll get it on the second time. Best of luck!
Brad Pennington, PMP
Last edit: by Brad Pennington, PMP.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 10 months ago #29510

• Dominic L Williams
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I experience the same. I had 10 mins before my exam began. I decided to use the restroom. I came back and then began my exam. About 6 question the proctor harasses me with messages asking why did I leave the room and who it was a violation. I explained to him it was before the exam and the rules are clear no leaving the room during. Nevertheless he didnt like the fact I knew the rules so he closed the chat and terminated my exam. Ive filed a complaint against this proctor with PMI and PearsonVue and explained my situation. Its under review.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 9 months ago #29563

• Made me wait for 2+hous and revoked
  • Made me wait for 2+hous and revoked's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It was great to appear on the day of exam after putting in months of effort to study for PMP. I had searched for bad experiences and prepared accordingly. Did the system check and wifi check and all other basic sanity 3-4 times and started my exam. Initially i was stopped to say i cant chew gum, then was asked not to look away from the screen and then suddenly restarted the application but still continued. After 56minutes into the exam the app stopped working and timer stopped.
Call for help didn;t have any response and i didn't know what to do next. After waiting for an hour i got up and using my mobile searched for pearsonvuew chat support & requested for help. I was told help is on the way and wait. I waited for another 45minutes and finally fed up and called the support again. This time another agent took the whole story and assigned a case number. after sometime a proctor came online, totlat over 2hours interruption and asked as though nothing has happened. I tried to explain the situation but she said there are multiple browser activity in the background happening and im not technical so cant give further details and i have to revoke your exam. I tried to reason with her and finally she agreed to check what's the case id. I read the case id looking at my mobile and then she immediately restarted the exam. Now in parallel there was another proctor who said why im looking away? i said the proctor asked for case id so im reading that on mobile. The other proctor came back and said i can continue the test but she will decide if im ok to continue. AFter the break i see message on screen saying i looked at mobile and hence revoking the exam. Such an unprofessional, rude and idiot proctors not ready to see what's going on and ready to press the revoke button at the drop of a hat is not giving good impression on PMI's choice to award the exam conducting right to such companies. PMI is teaching so many things but don't want to practice the same? May be its a rule but rules are there to punish the wrong ddoers AND NOT every candidate. If they can't identify the pirate their quality and caliber is in question and making innocents as their way to get commission is not the answer.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 8 months ago #29702

• Jill C
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had the same situation. What was the outcome of this? Any update? I contacted PMI just now and they said I need to wait for 2-3 days once they've resolved my case.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 8 months ago #29703

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I’m sorry this happened to you. There are many, many stories of negative experiences out there regarding the online Pearson Vue exam. Thus, I cannot understand why some still choose to take this route. The proctors do not care how much you’ve studied, how inconvenient it is for you to travel to a test center, how your top two study methods are staring at your hands and mumbling the questions, etc. They are not trying to be inhumane, unreasonable, or difficult. The proctors have exactly one responsibility: to preserve the integrity of the exam and the PMP credential. If the proctors are not strict and allow things like staring around the room, mumbling, and looking at your hands, then it’s a slippery slope to the point where the PMP is a joke of a credential with no challenge associated. If you have any doubt whatsoever as to whether you can meet the demands of the online test, then you should elect to go to a test center. From personal experience taking the PMP exam in a test center at the height of COVID, it is far less inconvenient than doing the online exam based on the stories I’ve read. If you do choose to take the online exam, you should steel yourself for what you’re getting into, remind yourself that the proctors’ rules are not personal, and follow the rules exactly. If you can’t meet these standards, then unfortunately you deserve to have your exam revoked. The PMP credential is too coveted to allow anything less. If you do have your exam revoked, the answer provided by PM PrepCast will almost always be the same: talk to PMI, use the chance for a free exam, and go to a testing center.
Brad Pennington, PMP

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 7 months ago #29774

• Sarah
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hey!

I just experienced the same problem! 10 minutes before I started my exam, I went to the bathroom real quick, it didn’t take me a minute. I came back and the proctor asked me if I was done with the exam. I told him that I haven’t even started yet. Since he didn’t answer, I started the exam. He contacted me back saying that he needed to revoke my exam. I told him that I didn’t start yet when I went but he didn’t care. I contact customer service so I hope they get back to me soon.

What a waste, I really studied soo hard and never cheated on an exam and wasn’t planning on doing so. I’m for sure going in-person the next time. Even if I understand that there are rules and they need to make sure we abide by them, this is just exaggerated…

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 7 months ago #29791

• Undina Tavares Varela
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi there.

Please let me share my experience with the online PMP exam.
I also faced issues with PearsonVue as many of you unfortunately.
My exam was scheduled for Monday morning at 9:AM. I did all the system checks the day before and again on Monday morning.
Then I did the checking protocol and waited for a proctor to show up. At 9:30, nobody showed up and I was struggling to even get support. In the end, I have been allowed to reschedule my exam. That was such a stress after months of studying.
I rescheduled the PMP for today, at 11:15AM. Until the first break, everything went well, except that there were issues for typing into the chat. I wanted to tell the proctor that I was going to take my break.
When I came back, I saw my exam revoked... You can imagine how I feel right now. I am tired, angry, discouraged.
I opened a ticket to PearsonVue and PMI, let's see what will be the outcome.

This online tool is horrible. It causes too much stress, and I am personally done with PearsonVue.

I will definitely take the exam at a testing center even if I have to take a day off.

I wish you all the best for your exams.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 6 months ago #29832

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How did you reschedule the exam then

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 6 months ago #29838

• Jean Kwanda
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am sorry for those of you who had bad experienced taking the PMP exam online via PearsonVue. The online PMP exam is strick to maintain the integrity of the test. It is best to follow all the instructions set by the Proctor and avoid any talking to the Proctor for bathroom break if your break timer is already online, it is not necessary.

I understand such experience can discourage you from achieving your long time goal, but I will recommend to message the Proctor center and reschedule to take the PMP exam in person. I wish you all the best of luck!

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 6 months ago #29843

• Undina Tavares Varela
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
I had to wait for the "official" mail from PearsonVue that I failed my exam and to have the report listed under my PearsonVue account
After that, I had to pay the $275 fee for taking the exam again on PMI.
Then only I have been able to reschedule it, at a test center of course. It is planned for 2022-09-28.
Hope this helps.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 5 months ago #29913

• Sanket Patel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
What an Awful and Frustrating experience with Project Management Institute, today i was giving my online PMP exam and apparently in proctor exam i moved my hand to face and leaned and they REVOKED my exam...i can not believe this...totally focusing on my questions not knowing. We are all professional people and do not have time to re appear in exams.. out of 180 questions i was almost 100 done... what a waste of time...I challenge Project Management Institute to make my recording public, my case number is 08688045.#frustration waste of time!!! totally disappointed.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 5 months ago #29917

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
I’m sorry this happened to you. However, the proctors’ job is to maintain the integrity of the exam and the credential. The rules for the online test are stated very clearly before you begin; if you cannot follow those rules, then you do not deserve the credential, no matter how professional you are. My advice: drive to a testing center and take the test in person. It’s easier. Best of luck!
Brad Pennington, PMP

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 4 months ago #30065

• Bad PMP online exam experience
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Today was my first attempt on the PMP exam and I had to say the experience was really bad. Before the exam, I make use my Macbook was installed with the VUE applications, MIC tested and camera tested.
Long wait to the exam day today, I had attended my exam at our residential cloubouse reading room, it was early in the morning and the room was quiet with no people. I was very nervous and catching up the time to make sure I wont fail the test. I successfully completed the check-in process with ID scan, face scan, room scan. And in middle of the test, several proctor change and I was asked several time to relaunch the test even though I dont know the reason since I proceed the exam smoothly but proctor claim they cannot record the video properly. It wasted my time of the exam which originally with very limited of time.
Finally, I was able to complete the exam successfully with all questions answered. Then suddenly the proctor request a room scan and request to clear the room, while there are 2 people in the room reading. I regret that I said I was in a public library which is not very accurate. Then the proctor from Indxx just said he had to stop my exam. I try to pledge to incorporate to said that I can ask other people leave and do the room scan, but the proctor refused immediately and will give me a case number, and then he left with no chance for me to explain.

After the exam, I received the result and I passed with all domain AT!!! I tried to contact their chatbot again and again but the only answer is ask me to wait....I feel so upset and can't let this thing out of my mind. Why it is so unfair? Based on what criteria can the proctor to decide we have to stop the exam? it is fun for them to do so? And there are no transparency in how this judgement is handled or case to be justified???? This is a very expensive and difficult exam, and it is PMP exam that require professional handling and clear criteria in handling all process and steps.

Sorry for my long story, but I hope no one need to go through the same process like me again.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 4 months ago #30066

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Please help me try to understand this. You took the exam in a public location, even though the rules specifically state that you are to be the only one in the room? And then you tried to hide it and lie about it when caught? This is the most flagrant disobedience of the rules that I’ve seen in the last two years of moderating these forums. Most people have their exams revoked because of an innocent rule violation (revoking the exam is still in order in these cases because the rules exist for a reason), but this is a new one. In my personal opinion, you don’t deserve the credential. The rules are there to protect those of us who have legitimately passed the exam and earned the credential. You deserved to have your exam revoked, and you should probably face a waiting period before being allowed to apply again. The rules are there to protect the integrity of the credential. If you can’t handle those rules, then don’t take the PMP exam.
Brad Pennington, PMP

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 2 weeks ago #30381

• Summer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Pearson Vue,

An incident which occurred at the early hours of Saturday April 1st, 2023.

I was scheduled to seat for my exams at 8:15am - I logged in at 7:45 to get through the required screening and my proctor* Mr Joshua* who was late and connected with me 30mins later - He screened my surroundings and space and everything was fine and clear.

I had a clear table and space - My proctor could see me clearly from my camera without any obstructions - As the test began, my proctor kept interrupting me to say he can’t see my mouth which is odd because I was seated in from of my computer without moving. I do not know what device the proctor was using to access or view me. As I got through the 1st half, I did not take a break, I did not move from my seat. I was seated all through - And as soon as I got mid-way into the second half, my proctor cancelled my exams - I am still in shock as to why any proctor would cancel anyone’s exams voluntarily. I did not leave my seat, or take any breaks, I was seated in one position all through.

I am in shock and in disbelief - My proctor has made a false claim that I moved away from my camera which is a huge Lie, and I will be engaging legal professionals to request documentation of my exam recording. It has also come to our notice that cancelling test-takers exams mid-way has been a common practice and an ongoing scheme for Pearson Vue to extort more money from test takers by cancelling our exams mid-way and asking candidates to re-write the exams and have us pay more fees. This as well will be fleshed out in this matter.

I have studied for months and made sacrifices to schedule this exam, hence why It’s only fair I involve legal authorities in this matter as I will not yield to false accusation made by my proctor.
In addition, there is an ongoing petition with multiple test takers who have expressed that their exams were terminated by the proctor giving frivolous reasons and requesting candidates to pay more fees to re-write this exam.

If the proctor feels like a candidate is being shady, they can record the entire exam and FLAG it to Pearson and have them review the entire exam instead of cancelling the entire exam!!!! We go through huge stress just to seat for this exams!

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 year 2 weeks ago #30390

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Summer, this is not a Pearson Vue forum. You'll have to raise your complaint directly with them. The people who manage this forum have nothing to do with the delivery of the exam, but I'm sorry to hear of your experience.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 11 months 1 week ago #30489

• Kohei
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I took the PMP exam today, May 9th, 2023 from my "home" online office.
While I was taking a test, I got an alert that said I had to stay on screen, or the result would get revoked. But I was already on the screen and just focusing on the exam. That meant I couldn't do anything more. But after a while, the proctor terminated my exam immediately. If the proctor had told me more specific actions to stay on the screen, I wouldn't have gotten revoked. I would say, I was already in front of the screen and on it. I couldn't believe it. I almost finished the test, I can't figure out why I was revoked. I swear I didn't cheat anything. They'll see it if you check the recorded video. I don't want my result to get revoked. It would be great if you tell me what my result will be.
To be honest, I don't want to take the same test again because I've already completed the test over 80% with over 200 minutes

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 11 months 1 week ago #30493

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Kohei,

I'm sorry that PearsonVue revoked your exam after working on for the bulk of the time. There are numerous posts about how fickle the "home" exam can be and the best advice is that, if you want the credential, then to take the exam at a proctored learning center.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 11 months 1 week ago #30495

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Kohei,

I’m sorry you had that experience. As Harry mentioned, there are numerous problems with the online exam which create a miserable experience for a lot of test-takers. The best advice I can give you for next time is to take the test in-person at a testing center. When I did this back in 2020, even though COVID was at its peak and I had to wear a mask, I found the experience to be painless. I encourage you to give it another shot, but to do it in person. Best of luck to you!
Brad Pennington, PMP

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 11 months 4 days ago #30508

• Dinh Van Hanh
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just experienced this case today afternoon 14/May/2023. My eyes focus on the screen to reading the questions. But proctor warning without reasons.
When I finished around 130/180 questions, proctor revoked my exam. It really frustrates me. The condition is more tricky than I think.
Is there any way to get the refund pay?

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 11 months 4 days ago #30509

• Harry Elston
Dinh

You will have to contact PMI and/or PearsonVue to see about a refund, but I wouldn't count on it. Your best bet is to take the exam in a testing center.

Harry
+++++

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 11 months 2 days ago #30520

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
There's a lot of objectivity involved with taking the exam from home. The proctor may perceive certain actions from the exam taker that you can't really refute unless the exam is recorded and then you can review the video footage to dispute the decision by the proctor. I think PMI is still far from improving their home exam experience. My best advice, and I actually followed this, is to take the exam in-person at a test centre. Don't give up! Best of luck on the re-examination.
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 10 months 2 weeks ago #30555

• Karma Garman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I am really disappointed to take this exam and spend this money a mother i don't have the lauxry of time to study or take exams but i wanted this for my family and my child. i was going to reschedule due to house under construction but learned i will lose the money, so i went to office and closed the door on me to be only me. my desk was clean no watches no gadgets no people just me in the room and after paying 1000-1500 through the year to prepare from study hall to curriculum and memberships and even PM preparation certification which is another 1000 by itself the exam was closed on me. nothing was said just closed. I am Sad disappointed in such a huge institution as it seems to be a way to collect more money.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 6 months 4 weeks ago #30837

• Alexandra Tayts
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Same thing with the watch just happened to me. The exam did not even started. I swear I did NOT do out of the camera view. And this happen after they harassed and gaslighted me about the payment for 6 days! I was told to provide several proofs of payment (despite the fact that my funds were happily pulled from the bank instantly!)

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 4 months 2 days ago #31075

• Dulur
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Same happened to me today . I stepped back to switch off my phone in the tutorial section . Not even one question had come up the proctor asked me why I was in the frame . He surprisingly asked me have I finished the exam !
I told him I have not even started . After 1 question message popped up saying my exam is revoked .
I sent email to pmi and have decided will never take this online test again .
My suggestion to pmi is
They give five suggestions before the exam
No phones
Movement
They should add canfidate should be in the frame all the time
Or take permission to step away .

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 3 months 2 weeks ago #31092

• Daniel Soerensen
Judging by the continuous posts around this topics, it seems like PMI hasn't made any changes to how they handle these situations. Just from what I am seeing, I would continue to recommend that exams are taken at the centre at least until they can come up with a better technology and not be so strict about the rules.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 3 months 2 weeks ago #31093

• Harry Elston
I agree with Daniel here. It's not about being "strict" more than it appears as though the rules are not applied consistently or even-handedly. PMI's not going to do anything about it so let the test-taker beware.
+++++

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 3 months 4 days ago #31104

• Justice Tagoe
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
While taking the online exam can be a chaotic one, I recommend taking practice test under such harsh conditions and scenario(ie recording yourself using the camera from the laptop and playing back to see where you went wrong). This I believe will help you know whether the online is the best one to use or the exam centre is. I hope this will help anyone future aspirants.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 month 4 weeks ago #31171

• Nayana
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi ,

Even i faced the same traumatic situation today ay 8am IST. I never knew that going for washroom to pee less than 15sec would also allow them to terminate the exam. Where as i had not even started my exam that time . I have raised a ticket and hopefully there will be a humanly consideration to reappear. Basically proctor was constantly chatting and distracting me after i clicked on start button how logical is that. They had abruptly terminated the exam.

HADI SHIRMOHAMADALI wrote: Good morning,

I am writing to you as an aspiring PMP candidate that has been studying rigorously for the past 3 months in preparation for my PMP exam. I opted to take the exam from home due to the convenience but it was by the far the worst mistake as it turned out to be a complete nightmare.

I was scheduled to take the exam last Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 from my "home" online office. When the exam started the Pearson VUE proctor talked to me through the online portal and told me the ground rules. Quickly I realized that Pearson VUE proctors were watching me very very closely. They started to tell me to move closer to the camera, which made my face only 2 inches from the camera. They told me never to my eyes and always look forward or they will revoke my exam. They told me to stop whispering the questions or mumbling out loud which I normally do when taking an exam. For context, the proctor would interrupt my exam every 5 minutes to warn me about something i was doing wrong and that they would revoke my exam. It is impossible to take the test under these conditions of stress as you are unable to even read a question or focus.

Lastly, after i finished my first section i was given a 10 minute break. When i returned from the break i was told by the proctor to take off my watch which i had on the entire exam. I listened to the proctor and took off my watch. When i returned to the exam, the proctor said i moved out of the view of the camera and that he is now revoking my exam. I tried to plead with him and was even in tears at one point due to the traumatic events of the exam.

One week later now, I am lost and not knowing what i can do to resolve this. Pearson said they would investigate this issue but now have told me to contact PMI.

I have never cheated on an exam and this experience was by far the worst test taking experience of my life. I am at a loss of words and do not what next steps to take to retake this exam.

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 month 4 weeks ago #31172

• Nayana
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi
Exactly same thing happened to me today. I am super worried.i raised a ticket with PMi but unsure abothe outcome .
Is your query resolved? Were you able to re attempt?

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 month 4 weeks ago #31173

• Harry Elston
All:

After 2+ years of these stories, the only advice I have is this: Take the exam in person.

There's an old saying in business that applies here as well: If you want the goods, you must pay the tariff. Since PearsonVUE is mercurial about the rules, exam takers have but one option if they don't want to get the short end of the stick: Arrange to take the test at a testing center. Will it be inconvenient? Probably, but that is the tariff.

Harry
+++++

Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam 1 month 4 weeks ago #31177

• Christine Whitney, PMP
  • Thank you received: 4
I took the PMP exam live in person, after having taking another professional exam from home. The experience was awful. I don't know what situation would make me want to take another exam from home, but the process definitely adds to the stress of the exam, which is stressful enough. I hope that you are able to resolve the situation through PMI. Best of luck.
Christine
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rochelle Martinez

[email protected] 1 month 3 weeks ago #31197

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I faced the same situation as yours regarding wearing the watch and the exam was revoke. I decided to take the exam at the testing center and I passed。

[email protected] 1 month 2 weeks ago #31201

• Daniel Soerensen
Congrats! would love to read your lessons in this forum.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login