fbpx

Reply: Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 weeks 6 days ago #31201

Daniel Soerensen

Congrats! would love to read your lessons in this forum.
1 month 14 hours ago #31197

Anonymous

's Avatar

I faced the same situation as yours regarding wearing the watch and the exam was revoke. I decided to take the exam at the testing center and I passed。
1 month 1 week ago #31177

Christine Whitney, PMP

I took the PMP exam live in person, after having taking another professional exam from home. The experience was awful. I don't know what situation would make me want to take another exam from home, but the process definitely adds to the stress of the exam, which is stressful enough. I hope that you are able to resolve the situation through PMI. Best of luck.
Christine
1 month 1 week ago #31173

Harry Elston

All:

After 2+ years of these stories, the only advice I have is this: Take the exam in person.

There's an old saying in business that applies here as well: If you want the goods, you must pay the tariff. Since PearsonVUE is mercurial about the rules, exam takers have but one option if they don't want to get the short end of the stick: Arrange to take the test at a testing center. Will it be inconvenient? Probably, but that is the tariff.

Harry
1 month 1 week ago #31172

Nayana

's Avatar

Hi
Exactly same thing happened to me today. I am super worried.i raised a ticket with PMi but unsure abothe outcome .
Is your query resolved? Were you able to re attempt?
1 month 1 week ago #31171

Nayana

's Avatar

Hi ,

Even i faced the same traumatic situation today ay 8am IST. I never knew that going for washroom to pee less than 15sec would also allow them to terminate the exam. Where as i had not even started my exam that time . I have raised a ticket and hopefully there will be a humanly consideration to reappear. Basically proctor was constantly chatting and distracting me after i clicked on start button how logical is that. They had abruptly terminated the exam.

HADI SHIRMOHAMADALI wrote: Good morning,

I am writing to you as an aspiring PMP candidate that has been studying rigorously for the past 3 months in preparation for my PMP exam. I opted to take the exam from home due to the convenience but it was by the far the worst mistake as it turned out to be a complete nightmare.

I was scheduled to take the exam last Tuesday, February 23rd, 2021 from my "home" online office. When the exam started the Pearson VUE proctor talked to me through the online portal and told me the ground rules. Quickly I realized that Pearson VUE proctors were watching me very very closely. They started to tell me to move closer to the camera, which made my face only 2 inches from the camera. They told me never to my eyes and always look forward or they will revoke my exam. They told me to stop whispering the questions or mumbling out loud which I normally do when taking an exam. For context, the proctor would interrupt my exam every 5 minutes to warn me about something i was doing wrong and that they would revoke my exam. It is impossible to take the test under these conditions of stress as you are unable to even read a question or focus.

Lastly, after i finished my first section i was given a 10 minute break. When i returned from the break i was told by the proctor to take off my watch which i had on the entire exam. I listened to the proctor and took off my watch. When i returned to the exam, the proctor said i moved out of the view of the camera and that he is now revoking my exam. I tried to plead with him and was even in tears at one point due to the traumatic events of the exam.

One week later now, I am lost and not knowing what i can do to resolve this. Pearson said they would investigate this issue but now have told me to contact PMI.

I have never cheated on an exam and this experience was by far the worst test taking experience of my life. I am at a loss of words and do not what next steps to take to retake this exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login