fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder?

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 2 months ago #26396

• Sharon S
  • Sharon S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Since the stakeholder's power, interest and engagement assessment is an assumption, do I have to update the assumption log every time I add a new stakeholder?

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 2 months ago #26407

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
When you add a stakeholder to the stakeholder register you are qualifying their power, interest, etc. This is not an assumption, it's an assessment. Therefore you would not update any Assumption Log.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 2 months ago #26408

• Sharon S
  • Sharon S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
That's what I figured but then when I took a quiz in the prepcast 2021 it said that their power, interest and engagement is an assumption since it wasn't a hard set quantifiable measurement. That's why I'm not sure how to answer that in the real exam.

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 2 months ago #26415

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
I would agree that it's an assumption, but it's not something I would put in an assumption log. Items in the Assumption Log typically have an owner and somebody who can validate / confirm the assumption assigned. You can't confirm a stakeholder's power/interest/engagement, it's not quantifiable.
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharon S

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 2 months ago #26453

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
We have a question in one of the exams which talks about a new CFO who has concerns about the validity of the business case. The first step for the PM was to update the assumption log. I vividly remember
that question (in either exam 2 or 3).

Best,
Khatereh

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 1 month ago #26558

• Hilary Oborghayujie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Stakeholder analysis is the tool and technique you applied to understand the level of their involvement, needs, classification, communication. Anytime you identify a stakeholder or a stakeholder leave you update the register because is a project documents

Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder? 3 years 1 month ago #26559

• Khatereh Azarhoush
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Adding a new stakeholder does not necessarily mean that you need to update the assumption log. You do that when and only if the stakeholder is a key stakeholder, AND, their influence affect the
charter and/or the business documents (business case, benefit management plan). Remember that assumption log is both the input and the output of the charter. So whatever that may affect charter, will be reflected in the assumption log.
Last edit: by Khatereh Azarhoush.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login