fbpx

Reply: Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Update Assumption Log for each newly added stakeholder?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 3 weeks ago #26559

Khatereh Azarhoush

Adding a new stakeholder does not necessarily mean that you need to update the assumption log. You do that when and only if the stakeholder is a key stakeholder, AND, their influence affect the
charter and/or the business documents (business case, benefit management plan). Remember that assumption log is both the input and the output of the charter. So whatever that may affect charter, will be reflected in the assumption log.
3 years 3 weeks ago #26558

Hilary Oborghayujie

Stakeholder analysis is the tool and technique you applied to understand the level of their involvement, needs, classification, communication. Anytime you identify a stakeholder or a stakeholder leave you update the register because is a project documents
3 years 1 month ago #26453

Khatereh Azarhoush

We have a question in one of the exams which talks about a new CFO who has concerns about the validity of the business case. The first step for the PM was to update the assumption log. I vividly remember
that question (in either exam 2 or 3).

Best,
Khatereh
3 years 1 month ago #26415

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

I would agree that it's an assumption, but it's not something I would put in an assumption log. Items in the Assumption Log typically have an owner and somebody who can validate / confirm the assumption assigned. You can't confirm a stakeholder's power/interest/engagement, it's not quantifiable.
3 years 1 month ago #26408

Sharon S

That's what I figured but then when I took a quiz in the prepcast 2021 it said that their power, interest and engagement is an assumption since it wasn't a hard set quantifiable measurement. That's why I'm not sure how to answer that in the real exam.
3 years 1 month ago #26407

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

When you add a stakeholder to the stakeholder register you are qualifying their power, interest, etc. This is not an assumption, it's an assessment. Therefore you would not update any Assumption Log.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login