fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on the first try- Comparison on the 200 PMI Mock questions & tips

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on the first try- Comparison on the 200 PMI Mock questions & tips

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 8 months ago #22418

Anonymous

's Avatar

Hi Taniya,
Sure, the link is the following:
www.pmi.org/shop/p-/elearning/pmp®-practice-exam/16202
Best of luck!
3 years 8 months ago #22378

Harmeet Chopra

You can email the PMI customer care and they can order it for you. Also be careful with this test it can be a bummer and reduce your confidence. I just did 100 questions on this and these are old and vague questions. However you can expect around 10 vague questions like this on the exam.
3 years 8 months ago #22375

Taniya Rai

Hi Rania,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam! I am taking my test on Monday and wondering where you found the PMI Mock test? Would love to mentally prepare myself for the vagueness of questions.

-Taniya
3 years 8 months ago #22365

Rania Rustom

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my lesson learnt and journey having passed the PMP on the first try.

I studied for a time period of 3 months, having read the PMBOK once only. I did find the PMBOK very dry therefore my main book that I studied from was Rita's Exam Prep, which I highly recommend as she really does provide some great tips and general summary of what needs to be covered in all areas.

Ricardo Vargas video on youtube was a great reference and understanding, which made everything make sense.

In terms of the prep cast simulator, I absolutely recommend everyone who's sitting for the PMP to purchase it as the questions were the most similar that I found to the real exam. The real exam definitely is more vague but if you practice the exams and go through your wrong answers it becomes very valuable. I was scoring between 70-80% in the 6 exam simulators that I took.

An important reference is the actual PMI Mock exam which I completed 3 days prior to my exam date, I only completed it once and scored 68% which I felt was kind of a surprise, however I went in with high confidence in the exam and scored the following: 2 Above Target, 2 Target, 1 Needs improvement (which was in the closing process group). I only found out about the PMI Mock exam on the same week that I was taking the exam but it helped me to mentally understand the vagueness of the questions that I would expect in the real exam.

Hope that my lesson learned is of some benefit to anyone preparing for the exam.

-Rania

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login