fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on the first try- Comparison on the 200 PMI Mock questions & tips

Passed PMP on the first try- Comparison on the 200 PMI Mock questions & tips 3 years 9 months ago #22365

• Rania Rustom
  • Rania Rustom's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone!

I wanted to share my lesson learnt and journey having passed the PMP on the first try.

I studied for a time period of 3 months, having read the PMBOK once only. I did find the PMBOK very dry therefore my main book that I studied from was Rita's Exam Prep, which I highly recommend as she really does provide some great tips and general summary of what needs to be covered in all areas.

Ricardo Vargas video on youtube was a great reference and understanding, which made everything make sense.

In terms of the prep cast simulator, I absolutely recommend everyone who's sitting for the PMP to purchase it as the questions were the most similar that I found to the real exam. The real exam definitely is more vague but if you practice the exams and go through your wrong answers it becomes very valuable. I was scoring between 70-80% in the 6 exam simulators that I took.

An important reference is the actual PMI Mock exam which I completed 3 days prior to my exam date, I only completed it once and scored 68% which I felt was kind of a surprise, however I went in with high confidence in the exam and scored the following: 2 Above Target, 2 Target, 1 Needs improvement (which was in the closing process group). I only found out about the PMI Mock exam on the same week that I was taking the exam but it helped me to mentally understand the vagueness of the questions that I would expect in the real exam.

Hope that my lesson learned is of some benefit to anyone preparing for the exam.

-Rania
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owais Alsharif
Last edit: by Rania Rustom.

Passed PMP on the first try- Comparison on the 200 PMI Mock questions & tips 3 years 9 months ago #22375

• Taniya Rai
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Rania,

Congratulations on passing the PMP exam! I am taking my test on Monday and wondering where you found the PMI Mock test? Would love to mentally prepare myself for the vagueness of questions.

-Taniya

Passed PMP on the first try- Comparison on the 200 PMI Mock questions & tips 3 years 9 months ago #22378

• Harmeet Chopra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
You can email the PMI customer care and they can order it for you. Also be careful with this test it can be a bummer and reduce your confidence. I just did 100 questions on this and these are old and vague questions. However you can expect around 10 vague questions like this on the exam.

[email protected] 3 years 8 months ago #22418

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Taniya,
Sure, the link is the following:
www.pmi.org/shop/p-/elearning/pmp®-practice-exam/16202
Best of luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login