fbpx

Reply: My approach to PMP study

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My approach to PMP study

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 days ago #20453

Elizabeth Harrin

Thanks to sharing your experience, Vicky!
4 years 1 week ago #20427

Vicky Adams

's Avatar

Main Resources

~ Prepcast (watched fully and took notes in the PMBOK whilst viewing, thereafter watched multiple episodes again at 1.5 speed). Excellent quality content. Highly recommended
~ PMBOK (read twice, during last week skimmed ITTOs / DFD & start of chapter) - found it quite easy to read and diagrams easy to visualise
~ Rita Exam Prep book (read twice and completd exercises) easy to read, very good for situational understanding)

Lessons Learned

~ Exam application - took a lot of time to complete, also notified managers in advance of the details (good thing as I got selected for random audit)
~ Decide your learning style - for me it was reading and writing
~ Mind maps - I like these! Made notes - 1 ITTO per sheet and added additional notes on mind map / back of sheet with purpose, benefit, main concepts, tailoring, trends & emerging practies etc.
~ Daily learning routine - 2-3 hours per day, more closer to exam. Used any other avialable time (doing household chores, travelling, dog walking) to listen to prepcast, audio books
~ Keep learning through vacation/holidays and uncertain times (my audit application took along time, unsure whether the test centre would be actually still be open)
~ Simulator and Exam Questions (2000+) - very valuable for gauging progress and understanding how questions will be phrased, even when feeling that there was still so much I didn't know.

Overall: it was a long learning journey but I am very glad I embarked on it. Also, I will be dedicating more time to learning and self-development going forward.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login