fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam on my First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam on my First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #19164

Elizabeth Harrin

Well done, Amy!
4 years 4 months ago #19140

Amy Mohlenhoff

Hi All,
I wanted to share that I passed my PMP Exam on the first attempt on 11.20.19.
AT/AT/T/AT/T

Time spent in focused study once my application was approved mid September 2019: 2 Months.

What worked for me:
Books:
PMBOK (read through it twice)
The PMP Exam: How to Pass On Your First Try - 6th Ed (Andy Crowe)
The CAPM/PMP All-in-One Book - 4th Edition (Joseph Phillips)

Additional Resources:
PMP Cram Session - (Joseph Phillips) Did this 15 days prior to the exam
PrepCast Four-hour simulation tests: (I did 4 of them 3 weeks before the exam)
Results: 69%, 71%, 75%, 69%
With the last simulated exam I realized that I needed to rethink my practice/study so I started doing just the quizzes and reviewing the questions I got wrong.

I spent the final two weeks prior to my test taking 4-5 mini quizzes (20 questions) a day in all Process Groups, and reviewing the PMBOK Glossary
I practiced writing out my brain dump a couple of times a day and then the morning of the test.
I went over the Knowledge Areas and Process Groups and got a good grasp on the ITTOs (did not memorize the ITTOs)

The night before the exam, I took a couple of 20 question quizzes on an PMP Study App I had downloaded and got a good nights sleep.
During the exam I spent the first 12 minutes writing out my brain dump. Formulas, Processes/Process Groups/Knowledge Areas, etc.
As I went through the exam, questions that I flagged I wrote down the number and a brief note about it , just in case it was referenced in another question and then did a final review at the end of the test. I ended up going with my first choice answer for each one.
I had 4 or 5 EVM questions and a couple Critical Path/Float questions.
I ended up with 30 minutes left over and was never so thrilled as I was when I received the Congratulations screen!

I hope my experience gives you some tips for success, and I wish you all all the best as you work toward your certification.

Amy Mohlenhoff, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login