fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Prep Exam help!!!!

Prep Exam help!!!! 4 years 4 months ago #19126

• Kennard McDonald
  • Kennard McDonald's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the PMP exam 3 today did not do well. Question... Do I study the wrong answers and retake exam 3 or move to exam 4? The ultimate goal is to get through all the exams questions.

Prep Exam help!!!! 4 years 4 months ago #19132

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hello Kennard
I would study the wrong answers to understand the areas where you didn't do as well as you would have liked on the exam. Then I would take exam 4, and go back later to do exam 3 again. As long as you are consistently studying and answering questions, you'll be getting more confidence with the format and the answers. I personally don't think it matters much which order you take the exams in.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennard McDonald

Prep Exam help!!!! 4 years 4 months ago #19136

• Harry Elston
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 144
Understanding why your selections were incorrect is important to understanding the process, so yes - study the wrong answers as well as the right answers. Personally, I found that there was a pattern to my wrong answers and it was that I consistently read the questions incorrectly. After I slowed down and read exactly what the question was asking, I found a marked improvement in my scores on the simulator. You will find that many of the "wrong" answers are answers to a different but similar process, so understanding how the processes inter-relate is vital to success.

Good luck!
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennard McDonald
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login