fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam Today - First Attempt - BT/AT/AT/AT/AT

Passed PMP Exam Today - First Attempt - BT/AT/AT/AT/AT 4 years 5 months ago #18937

• Wendy Zerr Jackson
  • Wendy Zerr Jackson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
So relieved to report that I passed my PMP exam today!!! The PM PrepCast was INVALUABLE to passing the exam on the first attempt. In addition to watching all of the education modules, I also listed to the PM PrepCast on my phone while I hiked in the morning before work. I also listened to the modules more than once for the areas I was weak in. I read the PMBOK Guide cover-to-cover once, and Andy Crowe's book cover-to-cover twice. For me, reading the PMBOK Guide was necessary. I took 3 full-length practice exams in the Simulator (77%, 80.5%, 78.5%), and 46 shorter length practice quizzes, for a total of 1,392 practice questions in the Simulator. I was so drained after the full-length practice exams, that I chose to do multiple shorter length quizzes. I also did the following:

(1) I completed the practice exam in the Andy Crowe book along with the review questions at the end of each chapter
(2) I read and completed every question in the How to get Every Network Diagram Question Right on the PMP Exam by Aileen Ellis
(3) I read and completed every question in the How to get Every Earned Value Question Right on the PMP Exam by Aileen Ellis
(4) I downloaded the PMP Practice Test 2019 Edition App and found their questions to be similar to the Exam Simulator, this gave me the chance to practice questions when I was waiting at the doctor's office, red light, etc.
(5) I memorized the 49 Processes and the EVM formulas, did a brain dump at the start of the exam, but didn't really need it during the exam

I also noticed that it took me a few questions into the practice exam/quizzes for my brain to fully engage into test taking mode from my everyday responsibilities, that I decided I would wake up early this morning and take a few short practice quizzes before heading to the exam. This helped me tremendously because when I got to the testing center, I was already warmed up. I purchase the PM PrepCast package the 3rd week in May and took the exam today, so I spent a lot of time learning and preparing, especially since my organization is a functional organization and lacks a lot of structure around their PM practices. This whole experience has made me a better project manager and I have no regrets!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philippe Louis, Trisha Irons
Last edit: by Wendy Zerr Jackson.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login