fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam Today - First Attempt - BT/AT/AT/AT/AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam Today - First Attempt - BT/AT/AT/AT/AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 4 months ago #18937

Wendy Zerr Jackson

So relieved to report that I passed my PMP exam today!!! The PM PrepCast was INVALUABLE to passing the exam on the first attempt. In addition to watching all of the education modules, I also listed to the PM PrepCast on my phone while I hiked in the morning before work. I also listened to the modules more than once for the areas I was weak in. I read the PMBOK Guide cover-to-cover once, and Andy Crowe's book cover-to-cover twice. For me, reading the PMBOK Guide was necessary. I took 3 full-length practice exams in the Simulator (77%, 80.5%, 78.5%), and 46 shorter length practice quizzes, for a total of 1,392 practice questions in the Simulator. I was so drained after the full-length practice exams, that I chose to do multiple shorter length quizzes. I also did the following:

(1) I completed the practice exam in the Andy Crowe book along with the review questions at the end of each chapter
(2) I read and completed every question in the How to get Every Network Diagram Question Right on the PMP Exam by Aileen Ellis
(3) I read and completed every question in the How to get Every Earned Value Question Right on the PMP Exam by Aileen Ellis
(4) I downloaded the PMP Practice Test 2019 Edition App and found their questions to be similar to the Exam Simulator, this gave me the chance to practice questions when I was waiting at the doctor's office, red light, etc.
(5) I memorized the 49 Processes and the EVM formulas, did a brain dump at the start of the exam, but didn't really need it during the exam

I also noticed that it took me a few questions into the practice exam/quizzes for my brain to fully engage into test taking mode from my everyday responsibilities, that I decided I would wake up early this morning and take a few short practice quizzes before heading to the exam. This helped me tremendously because when I got to the testing center, I was already warmed up. I purchase the PM PrepCast package the 3rd week in May and took the exam today, so I spent a lot of time learning and preparing, especially since my organization is a functional organization and lacks a lot of structure around their PM practices. This whole experience has made me a better project manager and I have no regrets!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login