fbpx

Reply: I did not pass PMP exam 3x

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I did not pass PMP exam 3x

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 5 months ago #18650

Harry Elston

Dear Alexandra:

I am sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble with the exam. Here's my take for what it is worth.

You must know the fundamental definitions of the terms that are used in the PMBOK. That is an absolute must, as much of the exam, I believe, hinges on your ability to discern between terms that sound similar but mean different things: For example, Lessons Learned Register (a project register) and Lessons Learned Repository (an OPA which is a compilation of the lessons learned from all of the organization's projects). They sound the same, but they are not the same and the test is written in such a manner that you can get twisted around pretty quickly.

I did not spend a lot of time memorizing ITTOs, but I did know the OUTPUT of every one of the 49 processes. That's a much shorter list and you can reason out how to get to the outputs after a while, if necessary.

I would also strongly recommend that you go through the PM-Prepcast exam simulator. That product from this company, was absolutely spot-on with respect to the style of the questions that are presented on the exam. Go through all 1600+ questions and do multiple sets of exams (200 questions) and quizzes (I used 20-50/night) until you can consistently get 80-90%. Go ahead and use the "hint" button early on (although the hint's aren't always that great) until you are comfortable then move to no hints.

Good luck!
4 years 5 months ago #18611

Brandon East

So sorry to hear about your trouble. I just took mine so I’m aware of the question difficulty.. Cornelius is right the test is meant to be difficult, but it sounds to me it is the language barrier. I would a keep practicing exams and spend a little time in the glossary of the PMBOK if you need to solidify any of the English language right now I would think those would be the words. I will say the prepcast lessons helped me fill in the blanks in my knowledge base. Give it a free try. Again practice practice practice then practice some more.

Good luck
4 years 5 months ago #18603

Cornelius Fichtner

Please note that I am unable to find "Owolabi Anthony" in our customer list nor in the PMI registry of those who have passed their exam. However, the message sounds genuine, so I'm approving it for now. But I'd be careful on how much info you provide.
4 years 6 months ago #18599

Anonymous

's Avatar

Contact me for some support. I can give you tips )
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
4 years 8 months ago #17911

Ahsan Asif

Hi Alexandra,

I have the same exact issues as you. Can we connect and have a chat to share lessons learnt and I could also use some guidance regarding how to apply for a time extension?

Thank you.

Best,
Ahsan
4 years 9 months ago #17613

Erms Suripatty

Alexandra,
I feel sorry for your exam results.
Although it is not clear from your post what areas you need to improve, you may try to read 'other sources' to provide a 'different angle' on the materials.
Please check this: www.linkedin.com/pulse/which-sources-did...exam-erms-suripatty/
Hope you are well. All the best!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login