fbpx

Reply: Vanquished PMP on the first go

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Vanquished PMP on the first go

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17144

Scott Gillard

Great job! Congrats!
4 years 11 months ago #17116

Sean Miller

Just passed the test yesterday .... ended up with 3 above target and 2 at target.

Basically:

Study plan & results
- 2 mos study time ….. mostly of PM Prepcast questions, plus questions via some free online question banks (I did 4 mock exams through PM Prepcast at ~80% avg). Pretty much all my learning came from practice questions
- Scanned various websites w test taking advice / strategy and PM braindumps and formula sheets
- Read 50% of PMBOK. Zero video tutorials. I considered both too inefficient.

Notes from my experience (yours may differ):
- Hardly any EVM questions or other types requiring formulas
- In general, few questions related to hard knowledge, concepts, psychological theories, or vocab. I was surprised how much of PMBOK went unrepresented.
- Situational questions with several correct-ish answers dominate. SPEND TIME practicing how to parse the best answer based on queues in the question
- In addition to Prepcast, use other question banks, since the style of language on the test was different than PM prepcast. Merely the way in which questions are phrased really makes a difference
- There didn’t seem to be any advantage to memorizing the 47 processes … and very little to knowing the ITTOs
- Do not zone out on a question for too long …. Just mark it and go back at the end (I had 30 mins leftover)
- In general … the test is terribly monotonous

Godspeed

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login