fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Vanquished PMP on the first go

Vanquished PMP on the first go 5 years 4 days ago #17116

• Sean Miller
  • Sean Miller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just passed the test yesterday .... ended up with 3 above target and 2 at target.

Basically:

Study plan & results
- 2 mos study time ….. mostly of PM Prepcast questions, plus questions via some free online question banks (I did 4 mock exams through PM Prepcast at ~80% avg). Pretty much all my learning came from practice questions
- Scanned various websites w test taking advice / strategy and PM braindumps and formula sheets
- Read 50% of PMBOK. Zero video tutorials. I considered both too inefficient.

Notes from my experience (yours may differ):
- Hardly any EVM questions or other types requiring formulas
- In general, few questions related to hard knowledge, concepts, psychological theories, or vocab. I was surprised how much of PMBOK went unrepresented.
- Situational questions with several correct-ish answers dominate. SPEND TIME practicing how to parse the best answer based on queues in the question
- In addition to Prepcast, use other question banks, since the style of language on the test was different than PM prepcast. Merely the way in which questions are phrased really makes a difference
- There didn’t seem to be any advantage to memorizing the 47 processes … and very little to knowing the ITTOs
- Do not zone out on a question for too long …. Just mark it and go back at the end (I had 30 mins leftover)
- In general … the test is terribly monotonous

Godspeed

Vanquished PMP on the first go 5 years 10 hours ago #17144

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Great job! Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login