fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam First Try - Above Target 4/16/19

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam First Try - Above Target 4/16/19

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19756

Claudia Ceboleiro

Hello, I have started my study 2 weeks ago and I want to buy a Simulator pack, I'm impressed with the EduHubSpot videos but havent seen any from PM Prep Cast. Since you ahve ried both simulators, which one do you recomend? Thank you
4 years 11 months ago #17103

Christina Lambert

My first post ever here! At least it is a good one :)

4/16/19 I passed the exam on the first try with Overall Above Target and Above Target in all areas. I could not believe it and was in shock. I did not feel good about it at all. I completed the test in 2.5 hours and really had to wonder if I was taking the right exam.

For me, I used Rita's book, PMBOK and eduhubspot videos to study. I discovered Prepcast too late but did sign up for the simulator. I can't say enough about those tests. It was pretty spot on to the exam; however, I felt my real exam was MUCH easier (I think I got lucky). I had been studying for about 4 months but really dug in about the 2 month mark and was studying 4-6 hours PER DAY even on weekends. I just didn't feel good that I was learning the material the way I wanted to.

My simulator results were:
Exam 1: 77%
Exam 2: 74%
Exam 5: 72.5%
Exam 6: 75.5%
Exam 7: 78.5%

After each exam, I would go through what I missed and had marked to make sure I understood. Most of the time it was just me and silly mistakes. Other times, it was I truly did not know the answer so it was good to see the explanations for all of them.

The day before the exam, I was a wreck. I couldn't just relax so I started doing section quizzes on eduhubspot just to see if I was still good with material. I went through them all and my goal was 80% or higher on those. I did OK on those so I calmed down a bit. The day of the test, I got up, had my coffee, got dressed, reviewed some formulas and headed to the test. My test was at 8:00am (I am a morning person) and I wanted to get there by 7:15am. Once the test started, I started feeling pretty good while the questions were situational, they were fairly straightforward for me so I gained confidence as I progressed until I got to about the last 75 questions which seemed to be some of the "What??" questions. It was very weird. I had maybe 5 formula related questions and they were basically plug in the numbers. I marked about 15 throughout the test so I reviewed those. Noticed I still had 1.5 hours but know myself enough to trust my gut and not second guess myself (it ends up worse when I do) so I closed my eyes and hit End. Then the survey popped up so I completed that and hit End again with my eyes closed.

I opened them a few minutes later to see the glorious results! I still am in shock and can't believe it too much :) Thank you to everyone here as I searched the forum a lot during this process and Thank you for this simulator! I do not think I would have passed without it.

Christina Lambert, PMP
Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login