fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam First Try - Above Target 4/16/19

Passed PMP Exam First Try - Above Target 4/16/19 5 years 6 days ago #17103

• Christina Lambert
  • Christina Lambert's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
My first post ever here! At least it is a good one :)

4/16/19 I passed the exam on the first try with Overall Above Target and Above Target in all areas. I could not believe it and was in shock. I did not feel good about it at all. I completed the test in 2.5 hours and really had to wonder if I was taking the right exam.

For me, I used Rita's book, PMBOK and eduhubspot videos to study. I discovered Prepcast too late but did sign up for the simulator. I can't say enough about those tests. It was pretty spot on to the exam; however, I felt my real exam was MUCH easier (I think I got lucky). I had been studying for about 4 months but really dug in about the 2 month mark and was studying 4-6 hours PER DAY even on weekends. I just didn't feel good that I was learning the material the way I wanted to.

My simulator results were:
Exam 1: 77%
Exam 2: 74%
Exam 5: 72.5%
Exam 6: 75.5%
Exam 7: 78.5%

After each exam, I would go through what I missed and had marked to make sure I understood. Most of the time it was just me and silly mistakes. Other times, it was I truly did not know the answer so it was good to see the explanations for all of them.

The day before the exam, I was a wreck. I couldn't just relax so I started doing section quizzes on eduhubspot just to see if I was still good with material. I went through them all and my goal was 80% or higher on those. I did OK on those so I calmed down a bit. The day of the test, I got up, had my coffee, got dressed, reviewed some formulas and headed to the test. My test was at 8:00am (I am a morning person) and I wanted to get there by 7:15am. Once the test started, I started feeling pretty good while the questions were situational, they were fairly straightforward for me so I gained confidence as I progressed until I got to about the last 75 questions which seemed to be some of the "What??" questions. It was very weird. I had maybe 5 formula related questions and they were basically plug in the numbers. I marked about 15 throughout the test so I reviewed those. Noticed I still had 1.5 hours but know myself enough to trust my gut and not second guess myself (it ends up worse when I do) so I closed my eyes and hit End. Then the survey popped up so I completed that and hit End again with my eyes closed.

I opened them a few minutes later to see the glorious results! I still am in shock and can't believe it too much :) Thank you to everyone here as I searched the forum a lot during this process and Thank you for this simulator! I do not think I would have passed without it.

Christina Lambert, PMP
Attachments:

Passed PMP Exam First Try - Above Target 4/16/19 4 years 2 months ago #19756

• Claudia Ceboleiro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello, I have started my study 2 weeks ago and I want to buy a Simulator pack, I'm impressed with the EduHubSpot videos but havent seen any from PM Prep Cast. Since you ahve ried both simulators, which one do you recomend? Thank you
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login