fbpx

Reply: PMP Pass 2/22/2019

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Pass 2/22/2019

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16655

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Stephen,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here with us.
5 years 1 month ago #16629

Stephen Mogle

Hi all, just wanted to give my lessons learned to the group.

LENGTH OF STUDY: I studied for 7 weeks for the exam 3-4 hours a day after work and about 8 -10 hours on the weekends.

RESOURCES USED: The resources I used were pretty minimal. I watched all of the prepcast minus the agile section. If you are unfamiliar with agile I would say watch it. I skipped it because I just got out of a Lean Six Sigma Class a few months back so Agile was fresh. I also used the PMP Exam Prep Simplified: Based on PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition book that I got off of Amazon and read it front-to-back. Additionally I did all practice exams in the PMP simulator from the prepcast. I also lightly used some questions I found of Youtube.

HOW I DID ON THE SIMULATOR: After watching the prepcast, taking notes, and reading the book (took me about 5 weeks) I started taking practice exam. I passed every practice exam on the first attempt (except the ITTO one) and my average score was 78.8 in total.

HOW I DID ON THE EXAM: I didn't think the exam was too difficult after doing the prepcast simulator. It took me about 3 hours to complete all the questions and about 40 minutes to review my marked questions ( I had about 25 marked). The math was minimal and there was only 1 question regarding Critical Path. I was able to pass with Above Target on all areas except for Initiating which I scored below target on. This was my first attempt.

I hope this Lessons Learned will be but into YOUR repository and help you down the line on your path to becoming a certified PMP. Until next time.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login