fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Pass 2/22/2019

PMP Pass 2/22/2019 5 years 1 month ago #16629

• Stephen Mogle
  • Stephen Mogle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all, just wanted to give my lessons learned to the group.

LENGTH OF STUDY: I studied for 7 weeks for the exam 3-4 hours a day after work and about 8 -10 hours on the weekends.

RESOURCES USED: The resources I used were pretty minimal. I watched all of the prepcast minus the agile section. If you are unfamiliar with agile I would say watch it. I skipped it because I just got out of a Lean Six Sigma Class a few months back so Agile was fresh. I also used the PMP Exam Prep Simplified: Based on PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition book that I got off of Amazon and read it front-to-back. Additionally I did all practice exams in the PMP simulator from the prepcast. I also lightly used some questions I found of Youtube.

HOW I DID ON THE SIMULATOR: After watching the prepcast, taking notes, and reading the book (took me about 5 weeks) I started taking practice exam. I passed every practice exam on the first attempt (except the ITTO one) and my average score was 78.8 in total.

HOW I DID ON THE EXAM: I didn't think the exam was too difficult after doing the prepcast simulator. It took me about 3 hours to complete all the questions and about 40 minutes to review my marked questions ( I had about 25 marked). The math was minimal and there was only 1 question regarding Critical Path. I was able to pass with Above Target on all areas except for Initiating which I scored below target on. This was my first attempt.

I hope this Lessons Learned will be but into YOUR repository and help you down the line on your path to becoming a certified PMP. Until next time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Barry Michaels

PMP Pass 2/22/2019 5 years 1 month ago #16655

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Stephen,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here with us.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login