fbpx

Reply: Passed Exam & Plan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Exam & Plan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15575

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Brianne,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! :)
5 years 4 months ago #15536

Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP

Congratulations!
5 years 4 months ago #15521

Joe Pang

Great news, congrats Brianne!
5 years 4 months ago #15514

Steve Richards

Great recap Brianne - Congratulations !
5 years 4 months ago #15512

Brianne Long

I passed my exam on 10/26 /18. The following is information regarding my scores and study plan. I hope this helps!

Score:
Initiation: Target
Planning; Above Target
Executing: Above Target
Monitoring & Controlling: Target
Closing: Below Target

I finished with 45 minutes left on the test. These results by category are very consistent with the PrepCast practice tests.

Study Plan:
I watched PrepCast Videos first and once I completed the course, I read the Head First PMP Guide, then completed the Roji Abraham 300 Practice Questions book. I then moved on and read the Rita PMP Exam Prep book. With one week to go, I started taking practice tests (I was not working during this week). I took 3 full length exams + Oliver Lehmann's test (with the following scores):
Test 1: 76%
Test 2: 70%
Oliver Lehmann: 74%
Test 3: 78%

After this, I started to focus in on the areas that I did poorly on using the exam simulator and selecting only my weak areas to focus on. I spent a lot of time reading both my correct and incorrect answers to really understand why I did or did not get them correct. The day before the exam, I spent about 3 hours studying and relaxed the rest of the day. On exam day (I had a 12:30 test) I slept in a little, reviewed info over coffee/breakfast and spent some time playing with my dog to relax. I got to the exam center almost an hour early and immediately got seated. I spent about 10 minutes completing my brain dump. I wrote out the entire process chart which I found very helpful and the SPI, SV, CPI, CV, TCPI, ETC and EAC equations. I liked that the test allowed my to highlight specific text, I ensured to highlight the most important words regardless of the difficulty of the question.

If I were to do it again, I would have focused on practice test earlier in the process and spent much more time focusing on my weak areas based on my test results in the exam simulator. I like that it allowed me to take 10, 20, 30, etc. questions on a specific knowledge area or process and focus on that. I felt the most important skill was learning how they ask questions and practicing understanding the wording.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login