fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam & Plan

Passed Exam & Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15512

• Brianne Long
  • Brianne Long's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed my exam on 10/26 /18. The following is information regarding my scores and study plan. I hope this helps!

Score:
Initiation: Target
Planning; Above Target
Executing: Above Target
Monitoring & Controlling: Target
Closing: Below Target

I finished with 45 minutes left on the test. These results by category are very consistent with the PrepCast practice tests.

Study Plan:
I watched PrepCast Videos first and once I completed the course, I read the Head First PMP Guide, then completed the Roji Abraham 300 Practice Questions book. I then moved on and read the Rita PMP Exam Prep book. With one week to go, I started taking practice tests (I was not working during this week). I took 3 full length exams + Oliver Lehmann's test (with the following scores):
Test 1: 76%
Test 2: 70%
Oliver Lehmann: 74%
Test 3: 78%

After this, I started to focus in on the areas that I did poorly on using the exam simulator and selecting only my weak areas to focus on. I spent a lot of time reading both my correct and incorrect answers to really understand why I did or did not get them correct. The day before the exam, I spent about 3 hours studying and relaxed the rest of the day. On exam day (I had a 12:30 test) I slept in a little, reviewed info over coffee/breakfast and spent some time playing with my dog to relax. I got to the exam center almost an hour early and immediately got seated. I spent about 10 minutes completing my brain dump. I wrote out the entire process chart which I found very helpful and the SPI, SV, CPI, CV, TCPI, ETC and EAC equations. I liked that the test allowed my to highlight specific text, I ensured to highlight the most important words regardless of the difficulty of the question.

If I were to do it again, I would have focused on practice test earlier in the process and spent much more time focusing on my weak areas based on my test results in the exam simulator. I like that it allowed me to take 10, 20, 30, etc. questions on a specific knowledge area or process and focus on that. I felt the most important skill was learning how they ask questions and practicing understanding the wording.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP

Passed Exam & Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15514

• Steve Richards
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Great recap Brianne - Congratulations !

Passed Exam & Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15521

• Joe Pang
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
Great news, congrats Brianne!
Toronto-based project manager, I specialize in capital construction projects and digital transformation projects for the power & utility sector.

I welcome all types of collaboration opportunities, feel free to connect with me on Linkedin

Passed Exam & Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15536

• Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congratulations!

Passed Exam & Plan 5 years 5 months ago #15575

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Brianne,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login