fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam in first attempt on 15th October..!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam in first attempt on 15th October..!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15423

's Avatar

Hi Saloni,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We're so glad to hear of your success. Thank you also for sharing your lessons learned here with us :)
5 years 6 months ago #15414

Scott Gillard

Congratulations~!
5 years 6 months ago #15409

Saloni Nigam

's Avatar

Hello!
I passed the PMP exam with an overall above target score- above target in IN, PL, & MC while on target in EX, and CL.

What I did to pass the PMP exam in the first attempt?

- I took the fee assessment test provided on PMP Prepcast website to check my base score before starting the studies and it was 47%.
- I watched the entire PMP Prepcast videos, read PMBOK guide page-by-page two times and did a quick revision during the last two weeks, took PMP Prepcast paid simulator tests (Scored 70-75%), and skimmed through Rita Mulcahy's 9th edition
- In total, I answered 1800-2000 questions before giving the final exam. I referred PMBOK guide during this period to reinforce the concepts.
- I searched online and registered for few facebook groups on PMP like PM Exam coach, PM exam study group, PM study group, and two whatsapp study group.
- In the last two weeks, I revised the PMBOK guide the third time.., gave one full mock test, daily practiced 20 new questions, kept revising the formulae, ITTOs, and the minute differences & interlinkages among different processes.
- I did holistic preparation before and on the date of the exam to be confident and stay composed during the final 4 hour exam. Some examples of holistic approach were healthy eating, playing badminton, breathing exercise, and 7 hr of sound sleep.

What would I definitely change if I could go back in time?

- Right from the very beginning, I would look for 1-2 co-located study partners who are equally serious about the exam preparation and have similar exam timeline in mind.
- I would join online PMP groups as soon as possible to benefit from the group learning.
- I would invest in Rita Mulcahy’s 9th edition in the first month of preparation and read it along with PMBOK guide.
- I would set milestones within 1 month of preparation and work towards achieving them.
- I would try for a consistent intensity of preparation throughout the study period instead of varied intensity of study to contain the overall preparation time to 6 months.

The secret sauce!

- Study PMBOK guide (3 times- Page-by-page)
- Study Rita Mulcahy’s 9th edition (1 time- Page-by-page)
- Take PMP Prepcast Paid simulator tests (All tests once followed by thorough analysis)
- Set milestones and be consistent in studies

I am very thankful to Cornelius & the Prepcast team for creating a high grade PMP tutorial (especially the Paid Simulator mock tests!).

All the very best to all the PMP aspirants!!

Thanks,
Saloni :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login