fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP exam in first attempt on 15th October..!

Passed the PMP exam in first attempt on 15th October..! 5 years 6 months ago #15409

• Saloni Nigam
  • Saloni Nigam's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello!
I passed the PMP exam with an overall above target score- above target in IN, PL, & MC while on target in EX, and CL.

What I did to pass the PMP exam in the first attempt?

- I took the fee assessment test provided on PMP Prepcast website to check my base score before starting the studies and it was 47%.
- I watched the entire PMP Prepcast videos, read PMBOK guide page-by-page two times and did a quick revision during the last two weeks, took PMP Prepcast paid simulator tests (Scored 70-75%), and skimmed through Rita Mulcahy's 9th edition
- In total, I answered 1800-2000 questions before giving the final exam. I referred PMBOK guide during this period to reinforce the concepts.
- I searched online and registered for few facebook groups on PMP like PM Exam coach, PM exam study group, PM study group, and two whatsapp study group.
- In the last two weeks, I revised the PMBOK guide the third time.., gave one full mock test, daily practiced 20 new questions, kept revising the formulae, ITTOs, and the minute differences & interlinkages among different processes.
- I did holistic preparation before and on the date of the exam to be confident and stay composed during the final 4 hour exam. Some examples of holistic approach were healthy eating, playing badminton, breathing exercise, and 7 hr of sound sleep.

What would I definitely change if I could go back in time?

- Right from the very beginning, I would look for 1-2 co-located study partners who are equally serious about the exam preparation and have similar exam timeline in mind.
- I would join online PMP groups as soon as possible to benefit from the group learning.
- I would invest in Rita Mulcahy’s 9th edition in the first month of preparation and read it along with PMBOK guide.
- I would set milestones within 1 month of preparation and work towards achieving them.
- I would try for a consistent intensity of preparation throughout the study period instead of varied intensity of study to contain the overall preparation time to 6 months.

The secret sauce!

- Study PMBOK guide (3 times- Page-by-page)
- Study Rita Mulcahy’s 9th edition (1 time- Page-by-page)
- Take PMP Prepcast Paid simulator tests (All tests once followed by thorough analysis)
- Set milestones and be consistent in studies

I am very thankful to Cornelius & the Prepcast team for creating a high grade PMP tutorial (especially the Paid Simulator mock tests!).

All the very best to all the PMP aspirants!!

Thanks,
Saloni :)

Passed the PMP exam in first attempt on 15th October..! 5 years 6 months ago #15414

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congratulations~!
Community Moderator

Passed the PMP exam in first attempt on 15th October..! 5 years 6 months ago #15423

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Saloni,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We're so glad to hear of your success. Thank you also for sharing your lessons learned here with us :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login