fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP on 03/24/18 - 2nd Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP on 03/24/18 - 2nd Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13801

Jolene Sharp

Hi,

So I took the test the first time in August of 2017. I studied for 6 months before that one and after the exam I knew there were lots of concepts that I didn’t know. So I took a 4 month break before I started studying again in January 2018. For the first attempt I only did a couple of practice exams, overall I didn’t prepare well.

I felt a lot better for the 2nd attempt. Used the tests and actually learned vs memorizing what I did wrong.

Hope that helps
6 years 1 month ago #13799

Alena Dvornikova

How long did you study before 1st and 2nd attempt?
6 years 1 month ago #13785

Jolene Sharp

Hi,

I passed on Saturday. 4 AT and 1 T. I felt far better prepared for the test this time around. I was able to take 7 or the 9 exams as well as the ITTO exam. My scores ranged from 68% to 78%.

I had read PMBOK 4 times over the past 2 years, so I only reviewed what I had previously highlighted as well as anything that I missed on the practice tests in order to understand why I got the question wrong.

Books I used: Head First PMP (nice read and made concepts easier to understand), Aileen Ellis Prep book and online study group, and I only used the questions out of Rita's book ( I didn't really care for the book itself though).

I completed a little over 2500 questions since January 2018. Used the tips from the Lessons Learned section.

I am so relieved that I passed.

Thank you and good luck to those still testing.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login