fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP on 03/24/18 - 2nd Attempt

Passed the PMP on 03/24/18 - 2nd Attempt 6 years 1 month ago #13785

• Jolene Sharp
  • Jolene Sharp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I passed on Saturday. 4 AT and 1 T. I felt far better prepared for the test this time around. I was able to take 7 or the 9 exams as well as the ITTO exam. My scores ranged from 68% to 78%.

I had read PMBOK 4 times over the past 2 years, so I only reviewed what I had previously highlighted as well as anything that I missed on the practice tests in order to understand why I got the question wrong.

Books I used: Head First PMP (nice read and made concepts easier to understand), Aileen Ellis Prep book and online study group, and I only used the questions out of Rita's book ( I didn't really care for the book itself though).

I completed a little over 2500 questions since January 2018. Used the tips from the Lessons Learned section.

I am so relieved that I passed.

Thank you and good luck to those still testing.

Passed the PMP on 03/24/18 - 2nd Attempt 6 years 1 month ago #13799

• Alena Dvornikova
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
How long did you study before 1st and 2nd attempt?

Passed the PMP on 03/24/18 - 2nd Attempt 6 years 1 month ago #13801

• Jolene Sharp
  • Jolene Sharp's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

So I took the test the first time in August of 2017. I studied for 6 months before that one and after the exam I knew there were lots of concepts that I didn’t know. So I took a 4 month break before I started studying again in January 2018. For the first attempt I only did a couple of practice exams, overall I didn’t prepare well.

I felt a lot better for the 2nd attempt. Used the tests and actually learned vs memorizing what I did wrong.

Hope that helps
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login