fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on the first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on the first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13274

Anonymous

's Avatar

Alright, Thanks alot for the tips.

Alex
6 years 1 month ago #13256

Lance

's Avatar

I took 7 exams and my scores were 78.5, 76.5, 82, 77.5, 85.5, 83.5, 87.5. I never took an exam more than once.
Basically all the questions were situational where you needed to answer what ITTO could have prevented a problem, what you can use to address an issue, or where you can find certain information. There were no straightforward ITTO questions on my exam. Overall I think the simulator is close but not exactly the same. The way they phrase the questions is different on the real exam and it took me a while to get comfortable with it. I got thru the exam in 3 hours and then I started over from the beginning and I was able to understand what they were asking much better. I think I probably changed at least a dozen answers my second time thru because I was able to understand what they were asking better.
6 years 1 month ago #13250

Alexandre Chang

Hi Lance,

I was wondering how close did you think the pm simulation was to the real exam and what were your pm simulation scores?

Thanks,
Alex
6 years 1 month ago #13249

Ty Weston, PMP

Congrats!
6 years 1 month ago #13247

Lance Wheat

I passed my PMP today with Above Target in all areas. I used the PMBOK guide and the PM PrepCast as my study material. I read a chapter of the PMBOK and then watched the associated PrepCast video. I followed the order recommendations from PrepCast. Once I finished all the videos I took a PrepCast mock exam. After that exam I reread the bottom 3 knowledge area, paying extra attention to the interactions of the various processes and I memorized the formulas (if you can memorize these the math questions should be "give me" questions, there is no reason to miss these). I made sure I completely understood how all the processes interacted with each other, where inputs come from and where the outputs go (I didn't try to memorize the ITTOs though). Then I took another exam and repeated the process. I took a total of 7 exams on PrepCast plus a few other random free exams and quizzes. My results for the PrepCast exams were: 78.5, 76.5, 82, 77.5, 85.5, 83.5, 87.5.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login