fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on the first try

Passed PMP Exam on the first try 6 years 2 months ago #13247

• Lance Wheat
  • Lance Wheat's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed my PMP today with Above Target in all areas. I used the PMBOK guide and the PM PrepCast as my study material. I read a chapter of the PMBOK and then watched the associated PrepCast video. I followed the order recommendations from PrepCast. Once I finished all the videos I took a PrepCast mock exam. After that exam I reread the bottom 3 knowledge area, paying extra attention to the interactions of the various processes and I memorized the formulas (if you can memorize these the math questions should be "give me" questions, there is no reason to miss these). I made sure I completely understood how all the processes interacted with each other, where inputs come from and where the outputs go (I didn't try to memorize the ITTOs though). Then I took another exam and repeated the process. I took a total of 7 exams on PrepCast plus a few other random free exams and quizzes. My results for the PrepCast exams were: 78.5, 76.5, 82, 77.5, 85.5, 83.5, 87.5.

Passed PMP Exam on the first try 6 years 2 months ago #13249

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Congrats!

Passed PMP Exam on the first try 6 years 2 months ago #13250

• Alexandre Chang
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Lance,

I was wondering how close did you think the pm simulation was to the real exam and what were your pm simulation scores?

Thanks,
Alex

Passed PMP Exam on the first try 6 years 2 months ago #13256

• Lance
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I took 7 exams and my scores were 78.5, 76.5, 82, 77.5, 85.5, 83.5, 87.5. I never took an exam more than once.
Basically all the questions were situational where you needed to answer what ITTO could have prevented a problem, what you can use to address an issue, or where you can find certain information. There were no straightforward ITTO questions on my exam. Overall I think the simulator is close but not exactly the same. The way they phrase the questions is different on the real exam and it took me a while to get comfortable with it. I got thru the exam in 3 hours and then I started over from the beginning and I was able to understand what they were asking much better. I think I probably changed at least a dozen answers my second time thru because I was able to understand what they were asking better.

Passed PMP Exam on the first try 6 years 2 months ago #13274

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Alright, Thanks alot for the tips.

Alex
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login