fbpx

Reply: I passed on first attempt - here is how I did it

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed on first attempt - here is how I did it

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13239

Syed

's Avatar

Excellent Technique!
6 years 1 month ago #13237

Ty Weston, PMP

That is an excellent method, glad it worked well!
6 years 1 month ago #13236

Caryn LeMur

's Avatar

On 06 Feb 2018, I passed the PMP Examination on my first attempt: above target in 4 areas; at target in Closing. Here was my study plan:

1. I joined PMI. I received a copy of the PMBOK, edition 5.
2. I took the PMP Exam simulator. Test #1. Of the 200 questions, I answered only 10. Then, closed the exam. I then studied the first 10 questions, and read each reference in the PMBOK. For math questions, I downloaded the formulas from the Internet, and studied those. For motivational theories, I also studied the Internet.
3. Now, I retook all the questions I answered incorrectly (yes, just 10 questions).
4. Done. I now know 10 questions, 10 answers, and engaged with the PMBOK references to understand those 10 subjects.
5. Repeat the same 200 question test. Again, just 10 questions. In time, I was doing 20 questions at a time. Within a week, I had covered all 200 questions of Exam #1... and learned an amazing amount of material.
6. Finally, I took all 200 questions (of exam #1).
7. I did the same for exam #2.... only I could now move in 20 question bites, rather than 10 questions.

This approach forces engagement via questions. And that is the goal - engage with the PMBOK, and the Internet (for math formulas and motivational theories). If I engage, and learn, and question again, and test again... the material becomes clearer and clearer.

Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login