fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I passed on first attempt - here is how I did it

I passed on first attempt - here is how I did it 6 years 2 months ago #13236

• Caryn LeMur
  • Caryn LeMur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
On 06 Feb 2018, I passed the PMP Examination on my first attempt: above target in 4 areas; at target in Closing. Here was my study plan:

1. I joined PMI. I received a copy of the PMBOK, edition 5.
2. I took the PMP Exam simulator. Test #1. Of the 200 questions, I answered only 10. Then, closed the exam. I then studied the first 10 questions, and read each reference in the PMBOK. For math questions, I downloaded the formulas from the Internet, and studied those. For motivational theories, I also studied the Internet.
3. Now, I retook all the questions I answered incorrectly (yes, just 10 questions).
4. Done. I now know 10 questions, 10 answers, and engaged with the PMBOK references to understand those 10 subjects.
5. Repeat the same 200 question test. Again, just 10 questions. In time, I was doing 20 questions at a time. Within a week, I had covered all 200 questions of Exam #1... and learned an amazing amount of material.
6. Finally, I took all 200 questions (of exam #1).
7. I did the same for exam #2.... only I could now move in 20 question bites, rather than 10 questions.

This approach forces engagement via questions. And that is the goal - engage with the PMBOK, and the Internet (for math formulas and motivational theories). If I engage, and learn, and question again, and test again... the material becomes clearer and clearer.

Good luck!

I passed on first attempt - here is how I did it 6 years 2 months ago #13237

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
That is an excellent method, glad it worked well!

I passed on first attempt - here is how I did it 6 years 2 months ago #13239

• Syed
  • Syed's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Excellent Technique!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login