fbpx

Reply: I passed the exam!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed the exam!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 5 months ago #12366

Jada Garrett

Cynthia, this is great. thank you for sharing your experience. Congrats on passing your exam.
6 years 5 months ago #12354

Cynthia Steiger

's Avatar

I passed the PMP exam a few weeks ago with four “above target” and one “below target” (Closing) scores. I found the exam to be a little easier than I expected based upon the sample test questions from the OSP International’s PMP exam simulator and the books that I used. A welcome surprise!

My application was accepted in early June and I started studying almost immediately. Since I recently retired, I was able to study about four to six hours per day. For the first pass I read through the PMBOK and listened to the PM PrepCast lessons from the beginning through chapter 13. Once I had a sense of the breadth and depth of the material, I developed a study plan using the PMBOK, Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep and Head First’s PMP texts.

For the second phase I took it one chapter at a time re-listening to the PM PrepCast lessons and taking notes as well as reading all three books and highlighting important concepts. Once I completed a couple of chapters I would go back and type up notes and create flashcards as needed. This allowed me to review the material a second time. During this phase I listened all the way through all the additional lessons and learned about Andy Crowe’s book, PMP Exam, in one of the auxiliary lessons. I bought it as well and read it once I completed all the other material. I also found some free Kindle books specifically focused on the formulas and worked through OSP International’s Formula Study Guide.

By then I was down to the last three weeks and I focused all my attention on taking sample exams. I used the PM PrepCast exam simulator as well as several other books and publications. I answered over 2,500 sample questions and was running in the 80-85% range overall by the end. I tried to complete at least 40 questions per day and completed two, 200-question exams—the last one three days before the exam. I also created a “brain dump” sheet and practiced recreating it each time I sat down to answer questions.

By the time I sat for the exam I felt really comfortable with the material and finished the exam in about three hours.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login