fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: I passed the exam!

I passed the exam! 6 years 5 months ago #12354

• Cynthia Steiger
  • Cynthia Steiger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed the PMP exam a few weeks ago with four “above target” and one “below target” (Closing) scores. I found the exam to be a little easier than I expected based upon the sample test questions from the OSP International’s PMP exam simulator and the books that I used. A welcome surprise!

My application was accepted in early June and I started studying almost immediately. Since I recently retired, I was able to study about four to six hours per day. For the first pass I read through the PMBOK and listened to the PM PrepCast lessons from the beginning through chapter 13. Once I had a sense of the breadth and depth of the material, I developed a study plan using the PMBOK, Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep and Head First’s PMP texts.

For the second phase I took it one chapter at a time re-listening to the PM PrepCast lessons and taking notes as well as reading all three books and highlighting important concepts. Once I completed a couple of chapters I would go back and type up notes and create flashcards as needed. This allowed me to review the material a second time. During this phase I listened all the way through all the additional lessons and learned about Andy Crowe’s book, PMP Exam, in one of the auxiliary lessons. I bought it as well and read it once I completed all the other material. I also found some free Kindle books specifically focused on the formulas and worked through OSP International’s Formula Study Guide.

By then I was down to the last three weeks and I focused all my attention on taking sample exams. I used the PM PrepCast exam simulator as well as several other books and publications. I answered over 2,500 sample questions and was running in the 80-85% range overall by the end. I tried to complete at least 40 questions per day and completed two, 200-question exams—the last one three days before the exam. I also created a “brain dump” sheet and practiced recreating it each time I sat down to answer questions.

By the time I sat for the exam I felt really comfortable with the material and finished the exam in about three hours.

I passed the exam! 6 years 5 months ago #12366

• Jada Garrett
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Cynthia, this is great. thank you for sharing your experience. Congrats on passing your exam.
Jada Garrett, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login