fbpx

Reply: PMP Passed on first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Passed on first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 7 months ago #11688

Akim Galloway, PMP

Congratulations !
I do appreciate your insight. Which simulator was most similar to the real PMP exam? Was it the Rita fast track simulator or the Prepcast simulator.

Thanks
6 years 7 months ago #11686

Aung Sint

Dear Jose,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam, and sharing lessons learned.
6 years 7 months ago #11680

José CASITAS JARILLO

's Avatar

Hi,

I passed my PMP Exam on my first attempt last 21th August in Madrid Spain.

I strickly followed this plan:
1) Read twice the PMBOK Guide 5th.
2) The PMP PREPCAST helped me a lot, I used to lesson to one audio chapter/day when I was driving to my job.
3) I got the PMP PREPAST EXAM SIMULATOR and run all the tests, starting progessively with just 50 questions and finally reached the really examen conditions 200 questions/4 h
4) I read three times the Rita Mulcahy´s book PMP EXAMP PREP 8th and completed all the exercices
5) I also got the Fast Track PMP 8th Exam Simulator and performed 8 tests of 200 questions/4h
6) I got from internet some examples of projects which were executed following the PMP method, that was very useful

I don't know exactly how many hours I spent, but my best Lesson Learned is: do not learn by heart, but try to understand the logical steps to undertake with success the Project Lifecycle. Now I feel more comfortable to address any Project Management, I know that I have to pay a special attention to manage Stakeholders, Communications,
Risks and thanks to the Earned Value Method my performance reports will be more accurate.

Regards,
José Casitas Jarillo, PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login