fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Passed on first attempt

PMP Passed on first attempt 6 years 7 months ago #11680

• José CASITAS JARILLO
  • José CASITAS JARILLO's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,

I passed my PMP Exam on my first attempt last 21th August in Madrid Spain.

I strickly followed this plan:
1) Read twice the PMBOK Guide 5th.
2) The PMP PREPCAST helped me a lot, I used to lesson to one audio chapter/day when I was driving to my job.
3) I got the PMP PREPAST EXAM SIMULATOR and run all the tests, starting progessively with just 50 questions and finally reached the really examen conditions 200 questions/4 h
4) I read three times the Rita Mulcahy´s book PMP EXAMP PREP 8th and completed all the exercices
5) I also got the Fast Track PMP 8th Exam Simulator and performed 8 tests of 200 questions/4h
6) I got from internet some examples of projects which were executed following the PMP method, that was very useful

I don't know exactly how many hours I spent, but my best Lesson Learned is: do not learn by heart, but try to understand the logical steps to undertake with success the Project Lifecycle. Now I feel more comfortable to address any Project Management, I know that I have to pay a special attention to manage Stakeholders, Communications,
Risks and thanks to the Earned Value Method my performance reports will be more accurate.

Regards,
José Casitas Jarillo, PMP.

PMP Passed on first attempt 6 years 7 months ago #11686

• Aung Sint
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 8
Dear Jose,

Congratulations on passing your PMP exam, and sharing lessons learned.
Best regards,
Aung K. Sint, PMP

PMP Passed on first attempt 6 years 7 months ago #11688

• Akim Galloway, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations !
I do appreciate your insight. Which simulator was most similar to the real PMP exam? Was it the Rita fast track simulator or the Prepcast simulator.

Thanks
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login