fbpx

Reply: Passed on 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 9 months ago #11244

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Jeff,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 9 months ago #11230

Jeff Beringer

Today I passed on my first attempt, scoring proficient in all 5 domains.

Here is a summary of what worked for me, starting with a lot of experience, but zero previous PMBOK / PMI exposure.

1. PM PrepCast - After watching each lesson, I read the related section in PMBOK. Then I went out for my nightly run, thinking about the concepts and how I applied (or failed to apply) the concepts and best practices on my projects.

2. PM Simulator - Completed several quizzes and two full practice exams, reviewing incorrect answers and rereading relevant sections in PMBOK.

3. Rita Mulcahy's - Read and completed exercises and practice questions in each chapter. (Perhaps most valuable for me was playing the "What-Comes-Before-Game" several times until I could complete 100% correct). Also what helped me was to think about the concepts and exercises during my nightly run.

4. PM Simulator - Completed two more full length practice exams, including the ITTO, scoring 85% & 90%.

In retrospect, the only thing I would have done differently would be to have engaged in PMP training and certification several years ago.

Thanks again to Cornelius and PM-PrepCast!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login