fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on 1st attempt

Passed on 1st attempt 6 years 9 months ago #11230

• Jeff Beringer
  • Jeff Beringer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Today I passed on my first attempt, scoring proficient in all 5 domains.

Here is a summary of what worked for me, starting with a lot of experience, but zero previous PMBOK / PMI exposure.

1. PM PrepCast - After watching each lesson, I read the related section in PMBOK. Then I went out for my nightly run, thinking about the concepts and how I applied (or failed to apply) the concepts and best practices on my projects.

2. PM Simulator - Completed several quizzes and two full practice exams, reviewing incorrect answers and rereading relevant sections in PMBOK.

3. Rita Mulcahy's - Read and completed exercises and practice questions in each chapter. (Perhaps most valuable for me was playing the "What-Comes-Before-Game" several times until I could complete 100% correct). Also what helped me was to think about the concepts and exercises during my nightly run.

4. PM Simulator - Completed two more full length practice exams, including the ITTO, scoring 85% & 90%.

In retrospect, the only thing I would have done differently would be to have engaged in PMP training and certification several years ago.

Thanks again to Cornelius and PM-PrepCast!

Passed on 1st attempt 6 years 9 months ago #11244

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Jeff,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login