fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on my second attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 11 months ago #10911

Carolina McCurdy

's Avatar

Hello
You can only write down information after the clock starts. Therefore I only wrote down the key formulas and the knowledge areas in sequence. I did not write down all of the 47 processes because by then I had a pretty good understanding of which processes belonged to each knowledge area and process group and I did not want to use too much of the time of the test. What I did was useful for me.
6 years 11 months ago #10894

Robert Boley

When you went into the exam did you use a dump sheet for formulas or to write down the process groups and knowledge areas? I am getting ready to take my second exam and for some reason still dont feel confident enough.
6 years 11 months ago #10887

Scott Gillard

Welcome to the team!
6 years 11 months ago #10875

Carolina McCurdy

I am happy to share my experience with you:
- I started PM Prepcast online training in September, 2016. I was watching up to two classes a day.
- I read PMBOK guide and 'Achieve PMP Success' book along with the PM Prepcast training.And I took notes while reading the guide and book.
- I took 3 mock tests and answered additional questions from different sources prior to my first Exam, 3 months ago. The result from my first Exam was MP in Initiating, Planning and Closing; and BP in Executing, Monitoring & Controlling.
- During the 3 months of preparation for my second Exam, I focused on answering as many questions as I could; I first studied very well the processes I scored BP; I read the entire PMBOK guide again by process group instead of knowledge area and took notes again. In addition to that, I watched again some videos from PM Prepcast, and read Rita's book twice. I was studying for an average of 2 hours a day during the week and 4 hours a day on Saturdays and Sundays.
- I reviewed my notes the day before the Exam.
- On the day of the Exam I was nervous, but very confident. Due to my schedule, I decided to take the Exam in the afternoon and did not study in the morning.
- I used the full 4 hours to complete the Exam and did not take a break. I was very pleased to see the Congratulations on the screen! I passed with Moderately Proficient in all domains!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login